• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

PFF with a nice tidbit on Greg Olsen

Mark S

I hope greg has 3 more 1000 yard seasons to get people to finally show him some respect. Top 100 is a damn joke.

If he plays as long as Tony Gonzales did he  could play for at 6 more seasons. Although he's 32 now I bet if we win a Super Bowl this year or next year he'll retire. 

For me Olsen is the best all around TE in the league. Gronk is the best but it doesn't matter since he averages about half a season. Others are close but haven't been doing it as long. I really admire the humble guys who just go out and play, but his lack of showboating is a big part of the reason he's not more popular around the league. If he's fine with it then so am I. 

On 6/18/2017 at 5:57 PM, Jackofalltrades said:

For me Olsen is the best all around TE in the league. Gronk is the best but it doesn't matter since he averages about half a season. Others are close but haven't been doing it as long. I really admire the humble guys who just go out and play, but his lack of showboating is a big part of the reason he's not more popular around the league. If he's fine with it then so am I. 

I'll probably get in trouble bringing up a GOAT name as people will get it twisted but here goes...

to me Olsen (while he hasn't done it near as long nor is he in the same historical level) is like a Jerry Rice.  He doesn't wow people with any single physical attribute.  On paper Rice was no Moss or Megatron or freakshow.  To me, that is Olsen.  There is a list of guys at TE who I would say physically have the tools to be better than Olsen...but aren't.  Olsen is better because he grinds ever game, all game, at the same level.   Olsen is also an example of of guy who realizes the game is largely above the shoulders and small details.  

I agree Gronk is the best.  But give me Olsen since he is going to play. 

38 minutes ago, CRA said:

I'll probably get in trouble bringing up a GOAT name as people will get it twisted but here goes...

to me Olsen (while he hasn't done it near as long nor is he in the same historical level) is like a Jerry Rice.  He doesn't wow people with any single physical attribute.  On paper Rice was no Moss or Megatron or freakshow.  To me, that is Olsen.  There is a list of guys at TE who I would say physically have the tools to be better than Olsen...but aren't.  Olsen is better because he grinds ever game, all game, at the same level.   Olsen is also an example of of guy who realizes the game is largely above the shoulders and small details.  

I agree Gronk is the best.  But give me Olsen since he is going to play. 

I have to agree. He's proof that hard work can and will beat out superior talent in many cases. Imagine if Jimmy Graham had the work ethic and toughness of Olsen. 

Archived