• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Impressed by CMC yesterday

CatMan72

I attended practice yesterday and was impressed by CMC on multiple levels.

First, his size... he has much more muscle mass than I expected, here's a pic I took of him next to Stewart during position drills:

782cf2854ebffa3284f0a16dc37ffc2e.jpg

Second, his between to tackles running and agility. Watching him go through drills with the rest of our RBs his foot speed and agility is on a different level, even from Fozzy. First snap he took in 11 on 11 was against the 1st team D and he made a cut that broke my ankles just watching. Yes they were wearing shells and playing to contact but he made a cut that left one or more of our first team defenders looking for their jock strap and I don't think he was even touched.

I had some doubts about CMC and the jury is still out (as it is with any rookie) but I walked away from practice yesterday thoroughly impressed.

Sent using the amazing CarolinaHuddle mobile app

3 minutes ago, CatMan72 said:

I'm sure he'll get his "welcome to the NFL" moment from one or both of them when the pads go on. 

surely.  I'd be disappointed if Luke & TD don't manage to frustrate him badly at times.  But I do expect CMC will win a few matchups, and we won't have to wonder is CMC good or are our LBs bad.  We know what we've got in our LBs, and if CMC can win a few of those matchups, whoa boy.

I think we've got a fantastic situation where Luke & TD will make CMC better, and CMC will sharpen Luke & co,

Just now, KB_fan said:

surely.  I'd be disappointed if Luke & TD don't manage to frustrate him badly at times.  But I do expect CMC will win a few matchups, and we won't have to wonder is CMC good or are our LBs bad.  We know what we've got in our LBs, and if CMC can win a few of those matchups, whoa boy.

I think we've got a fantastic situation where Luke & TD will make CMC better, and CMC will sharpen Luke & co,

Yeah, was just thinking the same thing - CMC is in a fantastic situation as a rookie getting to hone his craft against the best LB duo in the league and from a defensive perspective the only kind of HB we've struggled against are the shifty/speedy kind like CMC so this will be great exposure for Luke, TD and the rest of our defense. 

43 minutes ago, Saca312 said:

He's the same size as LeSean McCoy, if not bigger. I never got the "he's too small" argument.

Well it's not like McCoy doesn't have an injury history.

I never bought into the size thing anyway, it's how tough a guy is. You can be on the smaller side and not be subject to injury.

Archived