• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Wilks is not fuggin around. Not one bit.

Jeremy Igo

One thing I noticed was that Wilks was in the booth not on the field like many defensive coordinators.  And yet the defense was still aggressive and hungry.  Just dispels the myth often propagated here that somehow being on the field is a better option than up in the booth and that communication suffers when coordinators are not on the field.

23 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

One thing I noticed was that Wilks was in the booth not on the field like many defensive coordinators.  And yet the defense was still aggressive and hungry.  Just dispels the myth often propagated here that somehow being on the field is a better option than up in the booth and that communication suffers when coordinators are not on the field.

There were games where McDermott called the defense from the booth, this isn't new. 

Just now, SetfreexX said:

There were games with McDermott called the defense from the booth, this isn't new. 

Exactly, but how many times did folks criticize Shula for being in the booth and not on the field because McDermott was down there.  Now both coordinators are in the booth and it doesnt appear to be an issue.

1 minute ago, panthers55 said:

Exactly, but how many times did folks criticize Shula for being in the booth and not on the field because McDermott was down there.  Now both coordinators are in the booth and it doesnt appear to be an issue.

yeah... one preseason game. as long as the job is getting done.  don't care where the coordinator is  at, he could be looking at the Southern Cross as far as I'm  concerned.

57 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

When you've got TD, Luke and Captain down there you don't need no hype man on the sidelines.

Archived