• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Do you trust Shula?

Jangler

1 minute ago, JawnyBlaze said:

My first response was he's obviously drunk, high or both. And then you confirmed it. I trusted John Fox in his last year here more than I trust Shula.  I would a bag of weed to go unsmoked in a room alone with Ricky Williams (pre sobriety) more than I trust Shula. 

I don't think I trust ANY of our coaches to make adjustments. We have such a rigid gameplan...if it's not working, it's up to the players to take over and make plays to win the game without coaching adjustments. I mean, when's the last time anyone can remember ANY offensive, or defensive, adjustments that have stood out? 

I trust Shula with the current personnel he has on offense.  He has all the pieces for the type of offense that he envisions without having to fit a square peg into a round hole.  I don't trust him to be able to adjust against a defense that is effectively taking away a key playset from his plan.

From what I've seen, the Bills will have a very stout defense this year.  Shula's game plan got a lot of guys open and available for plays.  They were there to be had.  For whatever reason, Cam missed too many layups while only providing a couple of bailout plays himself.  If he makes half the reads and completes the plays where our guys were open underneath, then this game isn't remotely close.

I think Cam will turn this around, and I think people will be singing his praises by the end of the season.  I think Shula will get next to none of the credit for what he has put together schematically.

Archived