• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Theory of The Marty Hurney IR Dump

SCP

6 hours ago, Kevin Greene said:

It's just laughable Hurney is the GM again. The Panthers turn around from where Hurney left this organization to when he walked back in the door to our senile owners open arms says it all.

Just one of the reasons I really don’t care any longer. This franchise really is a laugh. 

There is another reason he may be quick to put guys on IR that might not be that badly injured.

If you don't mind paying their salary for the year with no production, It's a way to maintain the rights to more than 53 guys.

Take Corn Elder for example. If the coaches felt he wouldn't be much of a contributor this year, but feared they would lose him on the practice squad, by stashing him on the IR, they keep him but can still bring in someone else.

Whatever the reason, Marty has always been loose and free with the IT designation.

I still think we won't have Hurney or Rivera after this season.  

We get a new GM who gets to select his own coach for once, or find a package deal.  NVM, that's what a normal franchise would do.  

This is the best year to do it; we have to if we want to utilize Cam before he's completely dinged up.  

I don't even care if it's a retread, I hope JR will eventually realize this is his best chance for a clean slate with a relatively easy transition.  

1 hour ago, electro's horse said:

In 2010 it was fox, not hurney, who told all the vets, specifically deangelo, to go on IR. 

The fact of the matter is every player in the NFL, after week 8, is playing with an injury they shouldn't be. 

There are plenty of reasons to fire hurney without injury complaints. 

Source on that? 

Archived