• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Game etiquette

MasterAwesome

6 hours ago, CarolinaCat89 said:

I always have fans behind me get pissed at me because I stand the whole time, I've had security called on me, people leave the game, etc.. At the end of the day, they didn't buy my ticket, I don't go to the game to sit down. Once again, wine and cheese crowd unfortunately. 

You're not a considerate person.

There was one time I had to deescalate a situation with a Panther vs Steeler fan. The Panther fan was making the Steelers fan kid cry and the father was bought to beat the living day lights out of him. Told him it wasnt worth it and the Panther fan ended up kicked out.

6 hours ago, CarolinaCat89 said:

I always have fans behind me get pissed at me because I stand the whole time, I've had security called on me, people leave the game, etc.. At the end of the day, they didn't buy my ticket, I don't go to the game to sit down. Once again, wine and cheese crowd unfortunately. 

disrespect to older persons aside, i think proper etiquette is to stand up and cheer and bang your fugging seat the whole time the Panthers are on defense. When the team is on offense, sit the fug down and shut up both for the sake of those behind you and for the sake of team. Obviously, if the person behind you asks politely for you to sit down because they cant stand up, then scream and yell from your seated-ass position while the team is on defense. 

My son and I like to stand and cheer.  Not all the time.  We have people behind us who over the years would constantly ask us to sit.  Being they are older we tend to sit more on purpose when they attend because we understand they dont/cant keep standing up.  Sadly even then the few times we stand up and cheer they still will ask us to sit down. (rolling eyes).   Sometimes it's even during a big play and we jump up to cheer and we get the "I didn't see that, can you sit next time".    Other times younger members of their family attend, some stand and cheer with us, others show up half way through the first quarter, drink like fish, get drunk, spill their beer, and leave early .... and when they show up we don't care because they attend once a year and not to watch football but to like I said get drunk and talk to each other.  They barely watch the game.  No reason for us to accommodate them.  When my son was a little kid they used to call him an *sshole for standing.  They still will but now he's older and more aware of it when they do.  Again, we don't stand that much, but if the people behind us had their way we would never stand or jump up , and not even during a big play.     

Now the PSL owners and their family tend to not come to many games anymore and when they do rarely stay to the end, which is good BUT they sell them online so more often now we get opposing teams fans behind us.  When that happens my son and I will stand more than normal :tongue:   Unfortunately we need to Panthers to help out and continue giving us a reason to do that... and they don't always cooperate :omg:

4 hours ago, RoaringRiot said:

If standing the whole game is more important than showing some respect for older people sitting behind you when asked to sit then you're an asshole. 

I agree when it comes to simply sitting or standing, but in your opinion, does this apply towards cheering as well? Noise has an actual undeniable impact on the game for your team and I think if you’re buying a ticket to a football game, you have to accept that it’s going to be a noisy environment. So are you being an a-hole if you cheer loudly/bang your seat, etc. around young children, elderly, or anyone else for that matter who ask you to be quiet? Is it still disrespectful in that case? Where do you draw the line?

Typically I stand the entire game because its easier than sitting with minimal leg room(Life well over 6'3). I also feel more engaged with the game and enjoy what I'm watching more when I'm upright. I don't believe anyone has the right to ask me to sit as I paid for the ticket and will cheer how I'd like. With that said, I try my best to buy tickets at the top of the lower bowl so no one is behind me. On the occasions where there are people behind me then I'll sit or hang out a bit on the stairs beside my seat so that they can see the game. If its a woman or child then I will always ask them if they want to switch seats. In the situation that happened on Thursday I also would've asked them if they wanted to switch seats and explained that I will be standing the majority of the game. If they said no then they'd have to deal with it.

Like I said, I don't think anyone really has a right to tell you to sit down but common courtesy should be followed. If you can make someone else's night pleasant by not being an ass then I see no reason not to. 

Archived