• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If the offense shows up Sunday it's an idictment on how stupid our coaching staff is

GoobyPls

4 hours ago, GoobyPls said:

We should of never drafted Funchess to begin with, that's Gettleman fault

But even after two years of evidence it was obvious that Funchess and Kelvin shouldn't be on the field together. But since Shula and Rivera are two cowards they didn't have the balls to bench Funchess.

So now instead of benching Funchess, they trade Benjamin and use him as the scapegoat.

I think it was more along the lines of 

1st year promising rookie

2nd  year Injury

3rd year coming of injury 

4th  year  (game 8 ) I think we have seen all we need to see. 

Funch and KB are essentially the same player.

If you bench Funch, he becomes essentially a wasted player.

For political/trade reasons you can't bench KB.

The offensive line is not good enough to block its way through stacked boxes.

Now it is up to the new moving parts to stretch the field.

But everything remains dependent on Newton's ability to connect deep, while also be willing to take the easy underneath stuff.

Stop bemoaning where SHULA decides to throw the football.

Shula does not decide where to throw the football.

Cam Newton decides where to throw the football.

5 hours ago, GoobyPls said:

We should of never drafted Funchess to begin with, that's Gettleman fault

But even after two years of evidence it was obvious that Funchess and Kelvin shouldn't be on the field together. But since Shula and Rivera are two cowards they didn't have the balls to bench Funchess.

So now instead of benching Funchess, they trade Benjamin and use him as the scapegoat.

Benjamin and Funchess are extremely similar but it is believed that Funchess has a higher ceiling due to his athleticism and fluid motions. We traded the guy we could get value for and we retain the same skill set.

After Ron's presser, if what he said is true, then yes, we do have the dumbest offensive coaching staff in the league and the head coach is questionable 

So, it took 4 preseason games and 8 games into the Regular season to figure out that other teams had 8 men in the box and a single high safety with man coverage on the WRs because they didnt respect the speed of our receivers over the top

or

that every time player y came in we ran this play and when player z came in we ran that play and that made the play calling predictable 

I swear to god he said those two things . God help all season ticket holders ... So like there was no other time. Oh I don't know, In free agency or the draft or preseason that  they could not have figured out and come to know. What the rest of the NFL knew?   Given this, could they not have paid the peanuts Ginn was asking for?

what happens if buffalo didn't call today, would we have kept doing the same thing? 

Some thing about this whole story smells, they would have been better off saying a business decision came about vs showing this stupidity to the world 

1 hour ago, raleigh-panther said:

After Ron's presser, if what he said is true, then yes, we do have the dumbest offensive coaching staff in the league and the head coach is questionable 

So, it took 4 preseason games and 8 games into the Regular season to figure out that other teams had 8 men in the box and a single high safety with man coverage on the WRs because they didnt respect the speed of our receivers over the top

or

that every time player y came in we ran this play and when player z came in we ran that play and that made the play calling predictable 

I swear to god he said those two things . God help all season ticket holders ... So like there was no other time. Oh I don't know, In free agency or the draft or preseason that  they could not have figured out and come to know. What the rest of the NFL knew?   Given this, could they not have paid the peanuts Ginn was asking for?

what happens if buffalo didn't call today, would we have kept doing the same thing? 

Some thing about this whole story smells, they would have been better off saying a business decision came about vs showing this stupidity to the world 

Seriously.  This is why Samuel has been so marginal.  With how limited it's been with him, everytime he enters a game, teams know we're going to him.  That's just bad situation playcalling and coaching.

Great teams move with momentum and let their reserves stay for sequences when things get going.  Exhibit A was Burkhead this past weekend.  Heck, Cory Clement to an extent recently in Philly.  

We are too fixated on pecking order and proving otherwise when things don't go our way during games.  ASHjefiubluhd 

2 hours ago, raleigh-panther said:

or

Not really.  I think it says more about our personnel at WR than anything.  And for that, I think we can blame the three amigos: Rivera, Shula, and Gettleman (all three were certainly involved in the decision on how we were putting together our WR corps...although the fact we had the twin towers makes me suspect G-man had the most influence since he's the one with a proclivity for big men - and of course, he was the GM). 

I'm sure the staff has seen everything Rivera talked about all year, but the problem is how do you change it?  Samuel was injured early and missed most of the time he needed to get up to speed, so started the season slowed by his hamstring and behind in his playbook.  They were trying to get Byrd involved, but he broke his arm.  So, right off the bat, our two main speed guys were not going to be ready to play key roles early.  However, I'm assuming that the staff feels Samuel is ready and up to speed, or at least close enough to make a move when the chance presented itself.

Without the trade, their only real option to get a speed guy in consistently was to sit either KB or Funchess, and quite honestly, neither would have gone well.  Not to mention that it would destroy any future trade or comp value either would have (nobody's giving a player that was benched - especially one that has never been an all-pro - a massive paycheck or giving up a high pick for him).  And since they clearly decided to go with Funchess, I can understand why they went ahead and pulled the trigger on KB...might as well get something while we can.  I do think the Bills did them a big favor because as I stated, it would have very difficult to keep everyone happy while getting Samuel much more involved.   

6 hours ago, top dawg said:

Still the Funchess hate boils underneath. Give it up,  man.  Funchess is better than you thought.  No way he should have been benched. 

Funchess is having a decent season with Cam forcing him the ball

Kelvin was still out producing him with less targets and less snaps 

8 hours ago, Khyber53 said:

If the offense shows up on Sunday it is by no means an indictment of the coaching staff. If the offense falls flat on its face again, then you've got ammo.

If this somehow fixes things, then, well, what are you complaining about?

Is there a tree you dogs won't bark up?

How is not an indictment? We have the tools the whole time but refuse to bench just one player. Funchess should be KB backs up for when he's tired 

7 hours ago, GoobyPls said:

How is not an indictment? We have the tools the whole time but refuse to bench just one player. Funchess should be KB backs up for when he's tired 

The only reason a #1 wide out should ever need to exit a  game because of fatigue is if he is fat, unmotivated and out of shape. 

Oh, golly, we are talking about Kelvin Benjamin. I guess you have a point.

Archived