• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

At what point will Clifford realize that Monk isn't a point guard??

WOW!!

Monk isn't a pg anybody with eyes can see the Kid is a scorer.. Who needs to be running off screens and getting shots made for him.. Not trying to run a offense where he doesn't have the handles or the passing ability..

But Cilford is so fuging stubborn he keeps trying to force a square peg in a round hole..

4 hours ago, bLACKpANTHER said:

I'm sure Cliff's thought process is: He isn't a PG but I can help him develop into a PG. This way , he can won't be matched up with the opposing team's bigger SG."

^^im not saying I agree with that.. I'm just giving some insight..

Cliff is a idiot then..  Avery Bradly proves you can be a short SG in this league..  And with MCW on the court with him you have a bigger player who can play bigger SG.. Let's be real JJ Redick near the same size has been a starting SG for years in this league.. And he has no where near the athleticism and skills of Monk.. So Cliff needs to stop being stubborn..

Another example Jamal Crawford..

I will say this. Beginning of the year, all my Hornets tweets were about how fun it was to watch the Monk/Bacon combo. We were winning as well or having entertaining games. We start to consistently lose leads in Q4, Nic/MCW comes back and now we no longer see Monk. Its discouraging because he flashed more than any rookie of recent memory, but was given a shorter leash than guys like Frank. 

Also for those talking about height! Please stop. Cliffs favorite player to come off the bench was freaking Gary Neal who was 6'4 and gave us horrible shooting and horrible defense for a couple of years. Then we got Marco who was 6'5 and could shoot but couldn't defend worth a crap. 

• 2 weeks later...

the coach and the gm are fighting for their jobs. they're not going to develop a player for the next guys if it means losing a few extra games. there's no eyes for the future in leadership roles. it's win now on the bench and in the front office and they're not sure about Monk's defense or what to reliably expect from him. lamb's development has also been a surprise addition. that's where a lot of his minutes have gone. 

Archived