• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

WarHeel

1 minute ago, WarHeel said:

He’s our true #2. Doesn’t mean we have an up to par wideout unit. 

I agree he should be our #2 WR over Shepard. Im just saying he is not a true #2 WR. We have a weak WR core, so he is forced to be #2 because we don't have much to challenge him.

4 minutes ago, Trill OG said:

I agree he should be our #2 WR over Shepard. Im just saying he is not a true #2 WR. We have a weak WR core, so he is forced to be #2 because we don't have much to challenge him.

More time hopefully equals more chemistry with Cam. We know he has speed and his hands looked great today so maybe he can develop into what we need him to be.

Say what you will about the others but Funch has been balling out and I’ll eat my crow on that one.

We still dont have a #2 WR until we get a reliable deep threat , or get someone thats a great route runner with excellent hands. 

That being said, all our WRs had at least decent games today. Didnt see as many drops as i did in previous games and Bersin had a monster catch. 

My dawg

Just give him time. He’s always had the ability and he’s a natural hands catcher which is a HUGE plus with this group.

Byrd was really only a one route guy coming from college but he’s a smooth athlete. He’s added weight and has made huge progress in his route tree ability. 

In a perfect world Byrd would be the perfect number 3 but instead he’ll need to step up and be a 2. I really hope we target a Davante Adams or Paul Richardson (Calvin Ridley would be my ideal but doubt he’s there when we pick) this offseason so it would allow Byrd to the slot.

1 minute ago, Hoenheim said:

We still dont have a #2 WR until we get a reliable deep threat , or get someone thats a great route runner with excellent hands. 

That being said, all our WRs had at least decent games today. Didnt see as many drops as i did in previous games and Bersin had a monster catch. 

I found it interesting they had Byrd running mostly shorter routes today. Seems to me that he would be a better deep threat target than Clay who i saw downfield a couple times. 

I've been in the "umm, Byrd really hasn't done anything yet" camp since everyone started shouting his praises last year.

Today, I think my opinion changed quite a bit. I think he found the competitive spirit he's going to need to make it as a small, speedy receiver. He certainly outplayed the other receivers that weren't named Funchess on our team. Heck, start him as WR2 next week and turn him loose. If he can do as much or more, then yahoo!!!

He sure outperformed Clay, and let's just let Shepard stay on the bench. Byrd looks like he's seen there's a big opening in the roster for a guy who can try hard.

Archived