• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rivera's Job just got put on notice.

Snake

3 minutes ago, Cuttinedge said:

I can’t believe the fan base thinks a coach who can’t put back to back winning seasons together or who has an abysmal record after a bye week & brings the team out unprepared and unmotivated  after extra time to prepare is acceptable.  I know everyone doesn’t want to be negative  because of our record this year. But the teams won despite RR and most definitely Shula. 

What is embarrassing is fans who think mediocrity is ok. RR should be held to a higher standard because of the winning records in past years not given a pass because of past success.  The object is to get better every year until you win the SB. 

With that said I hope we win it all this year. 

my Earlier post was just saying how anyone who gets a new Boss or dept manager or in this case a new owner would be nervous. It’s only natural and the ones who don’t get nervous are normally the ones Hunting a job in the near future 

This. WHY people continue to ignore this about Rivera is beyond me. There has been a pattern ever since he got here. This team can easily be 6-10 next season and you really cant argue against it. Wake to hell up. 

14 minutes ago, CPF4LIFE said:

Which is largely also due to Rivera putting so much faith shula year after year when getting inconsistent results. This is a shitty unit year after year without Cam. Thats blatantly obvious by now. 

Coach might have input, but GM is responsible for bringing in talent.  The last time we had a talented group of receivers across the board was 2003.   Our best running back is nearing the end of his career, and our new rookie appears be be a good receiver and a decent and maybe eventually good running back.  Our most dependable pass catcher is Olsen and he has been missing for most of the season. And our second round draft pick is out for the year.  A few of our fans are the only ones who think that we have talent on offense. 

41 minutes ago, Mage said:

Why do people think there will be a GM change?

It isn't like the team will be sold as soon as we lose our first playoff game.  It will take time.  The earliest would probably be April and that might be generous.  By then it will be draft season.  And a new owner will want to acclimate himself before firing anyone.

Hurney is here for AT LEAST one more year.  

His contract runs out in June. He can't be full time without us interviewing a minority. So it's 6 months.

At this point, there are at least 24 other head coaches who are sitting on a hotter seat than RR. A new ownership group with probably a new general manager would in no way fire a head coach with 10 wins (that being the minimum he'll have at this point, and most like more). They'll want continuity on the football side of the deal while they get the administrative team in place.

Because of the rather strange situation the team ownership is in at the moment in contrast to what is happening on the field, there may be no coach safer or under less pressure in the league than RR right now, and I am fine with that. 

1 hour ago, Cuttinedge said:

I can’t believe the fan base thinks a coach who can’t put back to back winning seasons together or who has an abysmal record after a bye week & brings the team out unprepared and unmotivated  after extra time to prepare is acceptable.  I know everyone doesn’t want to be negative  because of our record this year. But the teams won despite RR and most definitely Shula. 

What is embarrassing is fans who think mediocrity is ok. RR should be held to a higher standard because of the winning records in past years not given a pass because of past success.  The object is to get better every year until you win the SB. 

With that said I hope we win it all this year. 

my Earlier post was just saying how anyone who gets a new Boss or dept manager or in this case a new owner would be nervous. It’s only natural and the ones who don’t get nervous are normally the ones Hunting a job in the near future 

It's the same ones blaming Cam for not doing enough... Hopefully they will leave with there racist former owner. 

46 minutes ago, KillerKat said:

I would like to think that Shula's seat is the hottest and should be shown the door next year. Can't see a new owner or GM firing Rivera. Everyone goes record blind after 10 wins.

RR and Shula are joined at the hip. 

1 hour ago, Snake said:

How well the Panthers do from here on out will more than likely determine if Rivera stays next year. You can expect a change at GM but Rivera is definitely on the hot seat. I expect the Panthers to be at there very best from here on out because Rivera is at his best when under pressure. 

5a3738faa315d_ScreenShot2017-12-17at9_50_45PM.thumb.png.ae5fe32cb31f0931dff167653bf32833.png

5a3738ff66f93_ScreenShot2017-12-17at9_50_57PM.thumb.png.611e19c0eb7c3316f503fb3ca93bcdcd.png

5a373903dc4ed_ScreenShot2017-12-17at9_51_20PM.thumb.png.2b719ac78bc7af47877976110658fa78.png

Archived