• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rivera's Job just got put on notice.

Snake

How well the Panthers do from here on out will more than likely determine if Rivera stays next year. You can expect a change at GM but Rivera is definitely on the hot seat. I expect the Panthers to be at there very best from here on out because Rivera is at his best when under pressure. 

A coach who has made the playoffs the last 4 of 5 years, with a SB appearance, is on the hot seat?  A coach in the top 10 active in win percentage?  I don't think so

Only active HCs who haven't won a SB with better win% than Ron is Zimmer, Reid, and Arians.  Tell me who we'd be upgrading to again?

Rivera is entering Tony Dungy territory when he was in Tampa. He put together a winning team, but stuck loyally to some principles that did him in (one of them being keeping the same OC that gives us fits every Sunday) 

If Shula goes, Rivera is safe. If Shula stays, they both get canned together down the road 

you're talking about Riveras job security when we're 10 - 4 and poised to make a playoff run?

Nah, I doubt hes going anywhere or at the very least he'll get 1 more year after putting together a winning season after last year. He's built up too much of a resume with a winning record and likely 4 playoff seasons in 5 years with a SB appearance . 

Now Shula? Thats a totally different story. He could def be canned for someone else. 

Archived