• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Schefter - Giants interviewed Gettleman today

MVPccaffrey

10 hours ago, Camvp said:

The best GM by far in Panthers history, fired by our creep owner, is potentially about to take a job with one of the most well run franchises in NFL history, and a top 2 pick to start things off. 

Why oh why couldn't mister shake-your-rump have gotten exposed an offseason ago sigh

Dave is not by far better than Hurney. He has made some stupid picks: Shaq, Butler and even KB isnt so much a great pick anymore. 

NYG fans better hope they hire Louis Riddick. Hes the right choice, not fatty Gman. 

3 hours ago, JARROD said:

I could see him trading Odell like a Hershel Walker,.. Eli will definitely get rode out for a drafted quarterback and a reasonable vet, And some other vets being squashed unless they play for less.....

Probably not if they do hire Fatty G. 

Gman was a huge Odell fan. I stated that Odell was pretty much the best WR in that draft during the 2014 draft press conference. 

8 hours ago, tiger7_88 said:

Kawann Short was waaaaaaaaaaaaaay more important to that 2015 team than Josh Norman.

Michael Oher was more important to that 2015 team than Josh Norman.

Hell, I could argue that Kurt Coleman was equally as important, if not more so, to that 2015 team than Josh Norman.

But, yeah, lets break that bank for a cornerback that plays in zone coverage 85% of the time.

Look at Short’s sack number and Kurt’s Int since Norman LEFT!!!!!!!! Zip it

6 minutes ago, over the legal limit said:

Look at Short’s sack number and Kurt’s Int since Norman LEFT!!!!!!!! Zip it

I highly doubt they were that connected. Sure Norman may have helped Short get 1-2 more sacks and Kurt 1-2 more picks but he didn't have that big of an impact that you are suggesting. The panthers had a rare combination of momentum, focus, attitude, and swag that year. You put back Norman on this team tomorrow and we do not get back to the 2015 team. We will be better but not as good as your suggesting.  

On 12/20/2017 at 3:13 PM, dldove77 said:

DG's actions with Josh Norman are enough to be on my hate list for life. 

That almost got him fired then, but JR decided to go with it and the season bombed then the mess with Olsen and TD that did or didn't happen. Mainly though from what I've heard the Norman decision and the 2016 season got him fired. 

Also Beane ran more and more of the team each year, hence why he was at the podium for presses during the draft this off-season. This past off-season was more Beane then Gettleman especially the draft. Beane scouted, did the big board and majority of the say in making it plus handled trades during the draft the last few seasons. Also handled a ton of the FA work and talking to players to join. 

2 minutes ago, Clicheking said:

Got fired because he wanted to run a football team like a legit business instead of a friends and family get lifetime passes model. I wish Jerry Richardson(no I will not call him mister) was gone a long time ago. Giants will get a winner if they hire him

Yup yup yup.  4 playoff seasons in 5 years based on Gettleman's work and now he'll take his talents to an organization that will appreciate him.

Anyone who poos the first post is probably a shula hating, madden-level ignorant armchair fan, btw.

Archived