• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Giants Have The Pieces In Place To Name Steve Wilks Their Head Coach Today

bobsfoodbasics

Just now, Sam Mills Fan said:

Everything I've read in the past 30 minutes says he'll be the next Giants head coach. That said, has there been a thread about possible Wilks replacement candidates here? 

It's been discussed. Generally assumed to be Eric Washington but Washington could follow Wilks wherever he goes. 

Voth seemed to indicate yesterday that if Wilks wants Washington the team might not block him.

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

It's been discussed. Generally assumed to be Eric Washington but Washington could follow Wilks wherever he goes. 

Voth seemed to indicate yesterday that if Wilks wants Washington the team might not block him.

My question is this, would Pagano or Del Rio want to come here with the stability issue regarding ownership?  Gotta admit that the uncertainty over the franchises future could run off good coaches (as well as possibly some players).

Just now, Carolina Cajun said:

My question is this, would Pagano or Del Rio want to come here with the stability issue regarding ownership?  Gotta admit that the uncertainty over the franchises future could run off good coaches (as well as possibly some players).

Ravens are said to want Pagano back badly and he's got a history there. I don't think he'll be an option.

Del Rio though? He's got a history here, albeit a brief one. And while our situation may not be ideal, he's currently unemployed. He's got no history with Rivera though.

I feel kind of bad for Del Rio. Coaching the Raiders, his hometown team, was his dream job. It's got to hurt to lose your dream job after only a short time.

The whole change of heart from their initial statements kind of amuses me.

I have to wonder if Gettleman convinced Mara to change his mind on what they wanted or if Mara simply gave Gettleman free rein to pick whomever he wanted despite his own statements.

Either way, Wilks doesn't fit at all into the description they originally gave of what there were looking for. I don't believe those statements were just smoke, so something had to change inside the building.

Watch Gettleman hire Wilks and sport a top 5 defense and take the Giants back to the playoffs while the Panthers fade into misery with Marty Hurney filling out the roster with a treasure trove of overmatched and untalented players who shouldn't have ever gotten a shot in the NFL. 

Archived