• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Expect Scott Turner, Norv Turners son, to become the QB coach for Cam

Hotsauce

1 hour ago, thomas96 said:

I think Ron is more overly loyal than most, however pretty much every HC hires assistants that they're familiar and comfortable with and that they can trust. Hiring someone you've never worked with before or don't know is extremely risky, and often times doesn't work out.

I'd prefer Wade Wilson, and he does have experience with both Rivera and the Turner family.

I'd be fine with Scott in another role.

2 hours ago, PhillyB said:

ron needs to not be comfortable. he’s not surrounding himself with the best people for the job, he’s surrounding himself with buddies who can do a pretty ok job with lots of happy pal time en route to 9-7 and a floundering offense

this is a pretty pessimistic outlook but it’s emblematic of this team to value warm fuzzy ~friendship~ over the cold bite of accountability to peers who demand excellence. jerry richardson’s culture of mediocrity matriculates to every level of this organization.

What you want was fired along with the Hogfather

56 minutes ago, Fox007 said:

Bill has both of his sons involved in the team and moving up for that matter.

http://patriotswire.usatoday.com/2017/06/05/bill-belichick-to-promote-son-brian-to-patriots-coaching-staff/

You hardly hear much from NE but if you've been following the current story on them you see that Bill is loyal and traded that pick to SF because of his relationship with Shanahan Sr and was doing his son a favor. He also keeps regulars on the staff and CLEARLY has his own loyal crew or they wouldn't be able to run the tight lipped team that they do....the only reason the spy gate got out was because Mangini left NE and was telling Bill not to do it to him, Bill did and then Eric outed him.

How you gonna say "imagine if the Pats" did this when they been doing this and then it's clear they would have to have loyalty to run the tight lipped ship that they do?

"OH but his sons are BILLS KIDS they gotta know whats up"

Uh...Shula...yea his dad was kind of a legend...kids don't mean poo in relation to their parents success. Bills kids are there because of who Bill is.

http://www.nbcsports.com/boston/new-england-patriots/family-affair-three-belichicks-officially-patriots-coaching-staff-first-time

"FAMILY AFFAIR"

only for the Panthers.....psh

Mike Zimmer's son is the Vikes LB coach too.

Clint Kubiak was also on staff with Denver under his dad.

Jon Gruden's son Deuce (yes, his name is Deuce) is set to join the Raiders as a strength coach.

The Shanahans, the Schottenheimers, etc.  I think one of the Harbaugh kids might be coaching now too (forget whose kid he is).

In the case of the Turners, you've got two brothers who both have sons coaching. And it's very possible all four may be with us shortly.

My guess is that'll be the biggest contingent of a single family on one staff.

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

Mike Zimmer's son is the Vikes LB coach too.

Clint Kubiak was also on staff with Denver under his dad.

Jon Gruden's son Deuce (yes, his name is Deuce) is set to join the Raiders as a strength coach.

The Shanahans, the Schottenheimers, etc.  I think one of the Harbaugh kids might be coaching now too (forget whose kid he is).

In the case of the Turners, you've got two brothers who both have sons coaching. And it's very possible all four may be with us shortly.

My guess is that'll be the biggest contingent of a single family on one staff.

Yea I think Philly's real argument is that we just do it worse than the rest do lol...

And Deuce....oh man....

26 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I'd prefer Wade Wilson, and he does have experience with both Rivera and the Turner family.

I'd be fine with Scott in another role.

Yeah Wilson is my top choice as well. He did wonders with Romo and briefly Prescott.

10 minutes ago, Tomás The Boss said:

I say good on Scott Turner for succeeding despite false charges of nepotism.

I've dealt with those charges all my life (my dad was an award-winning college coach) and I can tell you it's hard as hell to get out of the shadow. 

False perceptions of nepotism come second behind my lack of prototype height on the list of challenges I have had to overcome.

Even when I make the league, they'll still mention my dad on TV every time they introduce me.

22A23951-1867-42EB-8904-A29FF8944034.gif

4 hours ago, PhillyB said:

ron needs to not be comfortable. he’s not surrounding himself with the best people for the job, he’s surrounding himself with buddies who can do a pretty ok job with lots of happy pal time en route to 9-7 and a floundering offense

this is a pretty pessimistic outlook but it’s emblematic of this team to value warm fuzzy ~friendship~ over the cold bite of accountability to peers who demand excellence. jerry richardson’s culture of mediocrity matriculates to every level of this organization.

Chemistry ...trumps all

Archived