• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Adam Schefter from ESPN "suggests" these trades

pstall

I don't think they do allow it but even it they did, it would be plain stupid. Since we will still get a 1st rounder for him after the season, you would have to be Al Davis to give him up now, not get extra compensation and consider paying for him anyway.

You're assuming they'd not offer him a contract he wants after this season.

SF right now COULD be a playoff team.

:banghead:

Let's try to clarify this. There is one team willing to pay Peppers what he's earning and he's on that team. Other than Oakland, GMs and owners in this league are not stupid. No one is going to pay Peppers 2 to 4 times what the truly elite DEs in this league are earning.

Peppers is not that hard to evaluate. He was dominant against Oakland and Detroit last year and Washington this year. All laughably bad teams. Against better teams he has been a no-show or a liability this year. This may come as a surprise to some of you but that's not what the market is interested in.

:banghead:

Let's try to clarify this. There is one team willing to pay Peppers what he's earning and he's on that team. Other than Oakland, GMs and owners in this league are not stupid. No one is going to pay Peppers 2 to 4 times what the truly elite DEs in this league are earning.

Peppers is not that hard to evaluate. He was dominant against Oakland and Detroit last year and Washington this year. All laughably bad teams. Against better teams he has been a no-show or a liability this year. This may come as a surprise to some of you but that's not what the market is interested in.

his week 1 performance was probably the most impressive individual performance....the manner in which he dictated play. So that isn't entirely true.

You're assuming they'd not offer him a contract he wants after this season.

SF right now COULD be a playoff team.

SF wouldn't sign him unless he would agree to a new contract in theory at the end of the year. But they couldn't negotiate it until after the season was over and would have to pay him the remaining amount of the 16 million this year. So again why do that when you can make the offer at the end of the year and get him for much less. Do you believe anyone thinks that peppers is the one missing piece for a Super Bowl?? SF has a lot more issues that just a DE.

SF wouldn't sign him unless he would agree to a new contract in theory at the end of the year. But they couldn't negotiate it until after the season was over and would have to pay him the remaining amount of the 16 million this year. So again why do that when you can make the offer at the end of the year and get him for much less. Do you believe anyone thinks that peppers is the one missing piece for a Super Bowl?? SF has a lot more issues that just a DE.

Will you please go back to page 2 of this thread an answer my question?

Seriously.........

Not saying they will happen but just a suggestion for money etc.

TO from the Bills to whoever but the next one got my attention.

Peppers to San Fran. For a#1 which is what they gave up anyway.

hmm

He also suggested we trade a conditional 4th rounder for Brady Quinn

Will you please go back to page 2 of this thread an answer my question?

Seriously.........

If you are referring to the question about whether they have to pay him all of the contract or just what is left on his contract given we are in game 6, look at what you highlighted from my post. I said that they would be on the hook for the remaining amount of the contract.

So I did answer it. To be more specific it should be somewhere around 10 or 11 million based on incentives likely to be earned like the pro-bowl.

I still think it would be nuts to pay him that much money when he clearly isn't worth it and you can probably get him for a whole year at that price on a long term contract.

Seriously....

No chance this will happen, so I wont waste speaking my opinion on it. But man that would set us up for the future. For some reason I think if we was the Patriots they would do it

Well they kind of already did with Seymore.,;)

I have a hard time seeing how we can say no to a first when we already traded for Brown just for the sake of us loosing Peppers so..

If you are referring to the question about whether they have to pay him all of the contract or just what is left on his contract given we are in game 6, look at what you highlighted from my post. I said that they would be on the hook for the remaining amount of the contract.

So I did answer it. To be more specific it should be somewhere around 10 or 11 million based on incentives likely to be earned like the pro-bowl.

I still think it would be nuts to pay him that much money when he clearly isn't worth it and you can probably get him for a whole year at that price on a long term contract.

Seriously....

Ok, thanks. Sorry I missed that part.

Archived