• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Norv Turner on Mike Wallace - Free Agent WR Option?

SetfreexX

We should be exploring all options. I've seen enough of trying to get cute, and hit big on marginal players with potential but nothing else. We need proven talent. Guys like Johnson, Shepard, Underwood, etc are not what we need. We have HOF level talent in our core right now. Get a legit playmaker.

You don't make this change and invest in a guy like Norv Turner (I'm sure he wasn't cheap) without getting the guys he needs to run his offense. We already have some key elements in place but a field stretching receiver like Wallace is an obvious need. Curtis Samuel flashed some promise and has elite speed, but it's too early to tell what he's capable of or bet our ability to execute a vertical offense on him. 

46 minutes ago, SetfreexX said:

Funchess / Wallace/ Samuel / Byrd / Draft / Draft <<< I would be happy with that. A receiver in the middle rounds, and a flier on one late to be the 6th receiver.

Funchess isn't a number one. We will make a mistake if we expect him to be

17 minutes ago, AceBoogie said:

If we could somehow get Landry and Wallace, we’d be set. Landry will get overpaid by some team this year tho. 

You must not heard the Landry is looking to break the bank?

Even his agent said he is not taking a discount to stay in Miami. Landry will get 14 mil a year. Not even a player on our radar imo.

7 minutes ago, uncfan888 said:

Funchess isn't a number one. We will make a mistake if we expect him to be

Tbh I don’t think this offense needs a WR1.

We need diverse playmakers. We need a proven veteran who will make plays beside Funchess and Samuel. I’m all for someone who’s moderately priced but has a proven record.

Just now, Saca312 said:

Tbh I don’t think this offense needs a WR1.

We need diverse playmakers. We need a proven veteran who will make plays beside Funchess and Samuel. I’m all for someone who’s moderately priced but has a proven record.

We need speed and reliable hands. That combination is never cheap

12 minutes ago, uncfan888 said:

We need speed and reliable hands. That combination is never cheap

I'm tired of people talking about not spending too much after we backed up a brinks truck to Matt Kalil and let Ginn walk to NO for peanuts.

Get some proven talent. If we piss away Cam and Luke's prime nobody is going to be worried about the money. Open the wallet now and make a run.

I wouldn't mind him but I like Donte Moncrief better. With a healthy Qb, Donte catches 60-62% of passes thrown to him compared to 58% with Mike Wallace. In comparison, Antonio Brown catches 68% passes thrown his way, Julio Jones catches 64-67% passes thrown his way when healthy.

Of course, it depends on the routes they have you run too. Ted Ginn caught 75.7% of passes thrown his way this season, a career high.

44 minutes ago, Trill OG said:

You must not heard the Landry is looking to break the bank?

Even his agent said he is not taking a discount to stay in Miami. Landry will get 14 mil a year. Not even a player on our radar imo.

Yeah he will go to another trash team for a huge pay day. 

Archived