• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

XFL Announcement at 3

RumHam

I'm not a huge fan of things Vince has streamlined into his products (like right-leaning politics), but I know he is a genius as far as business goes...  and I think he knows not to pull politics into football this time around, and that may give him a leg up on the NFL at this point.  The Panthers are my team, but I would love to see someone stick it the NFL and make them get their poo together...  quit manipulating games, quit being selective with your punishments and protections, and get back to playing fuging football.  

10 minutes ago, RumHam said:

Maybe it's a work and he's announcing he's purchased us. Then Shane comes on and says he also bought the other half and that half will be in south carolina

Probably just BS but I’ve been hearing rumors that he was interested in buying the Panthers.

32 minutes ago, cookinwithgas said:

well given how awesome that stuff was back in the day sure why not

good to know no one on the NFL wants to hit and play actual football anymore. I am sure that a football league run like a professional wrestling league will be much more honest and less rigged

I think it would be better rigged— have the heros and the heels. 

They can script the hits, create all kinds of drama,... 

they should have a hockey style penalty box for “fights” between players that have chairs, helmets and MMA allowed haha.

they should allow rugby style field goal rules so people could kick field goals on the run—-

then you can rough a kicker all day long

red dogging can return!

XFL version of “He got Jacked Up” can be back

”Whatcha gonna do brother” 

HA

3 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

I'm not a huge fan of things Vince has streamlined into his products (like right-leaning politics), but I know he is a genius as far as business goes...  and I think he knows not to pull politics into football this time around, and that may give him a leg up on the NFL at this point.  The Panthers are my team, but I would love to see someone stick it the NFL and make them get their poo together...  quit manipulating games, quit being selective with your punishments and protections, and get back to playing fuging football.  

I would think the main reason hes doing this is to try and get all the people claiming they left the NFL over kneeling to watch this, so the chances are pretty good politics is the primary reason this would happen.

https://www.si.com/wrestling/2018/01/25/wwe-football-league-xfl-vince-mcmahon

What remains to be seen is how McMahon’s new league will market itself. There is some evidence, laid out by Deadspin’s David Bixenspan, that the league could present itself as a conservative alternative to the NFL in response to players kneeling during the national anthem. McMahon is a longtime ally of Donald Trump and Trump appointed his wife, Linda, as head of the Small Business Administration. 

43 minutes ago, RumHam said:

Called this a month ago for January 25. Let's hope Charlotte or Carolinas in general get a team. Vince is making the announcement today at 3. The NFL is poo and is rigged, but at least these guys will wanna hit and play actual football. Players may actually get sick of the politics involved in the NFL and make the jump. Are you interested?

why would we want a whack 2nd class league when we have the Panthers? 

NFL has its negatives (like everything) but the XFL isn’t gonna be an improvement.   It will be subpar talent abusing themselves with extra flare sprinkled on top. 

lol. Sick of politics and that is why players/fans  might leave?  Might was well call it Trump football.   Your personal politics aside. Vince ain’t dumb.  Only reason Vince is attempting this again is because Trump is now in the WH.  Trump offers Vince 2 things....1. A POTUS willing to bash his competitor 2.  A POTUS that is tight with his family and willing to aid him.  Vince’s attempt to bring this back is totally tied in to politics. 

10 minutes ago, cookinwithgas said:

I would think the main reason hes doing this is to try and get all the people claiming they left the NFL over kneeling to watch this, so the chances are pretty good politics is the primary reason this would happen.

https://www.si.com/wrestling/2018/01/25/wwe-football-league-xfl-vince-mcmahon

What remains to be seen is how McMahon’s new league will market itself. There is some evidence, laid out by Deadspin’s David Bixenspan, that the league could present itself as a conservative alternative to the NFL in response to players kneeling during the national anthem. McMahon is a longtime ally of Donald Trump and Trump appointed his wife, Linda, as head of the Small Business Administration. 

Damn, good points CWG, lol.  

Welp, fug everything I said, lol...  you're probably right.

Still, I would think the smart path would be to create an APOLITCAL league.  Because honestly, the NFL is somewhat of a conservative entity as it stands - they are the ones that mandated the players be on the field for the National Anthem that created all of the political malarkey in the first place.  So, I feel like the NFL already caters to that crowd, otherwise, they would have told the military to keep their money and done away with it to avoid the controversy.  I think the better bet would be to create a league that distances itself from all of that and is strictly football (and knowing Vince, most likely a league that allows helmet to helmet hits and PRs who can't call fair catch lol), which invites fans from all sides of the political spectrum.

But, again, I'm not Vince, and you are most likely correct.  It would be a very wrestling-like move of Vince, in the current climate, to create a league that not only favors conservatism, but caters to and fosters it in its rituals (i.e., not only anthem, but hacksaw jim duggan leading a platoon of tanks outside of the stadium lol) and presentation instead of remaining separate from all of that.  

So, in summary, if that is the case, I want no part of it.

The biggest problem is that a lot of African American players would not be interested, or if they were, labeled as Uncle Toms (for right or wrong; I'm not going to pass judgment on guys that really want to play but can't crack the NFL). That alone would generate a lot of publicity and get a lot of people to check it out, but would only get more racists to watch most likely. And I don't think what the nation needs right now are white and black football leagues.

Archived