• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jason La Canfora reporting new GM hire

NJPanthers12

19 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

The funny part is that if JR is forced to hire someone other than Hurney, which sounds like he will be by the NFL according to the tweet, it will be a candidate that they thought couldn't possibly compete against Hurney.  They made a mockery of the Rooney rule and it blew up in their face.

Too damn funny.

The NFL can't force them to hire anybody. They could tell them who they shouldn't hire, but they can't make them hire anybody. And the Panthers don't have to hire anybody, so it has to be somebody they wanted.

This place is an affront to common sense these days.

2 minutes ago, Saca312 said:

Gantt just reported Marty got the job on the radio. I’d take this with a grain of salt if it’s La Confora

Interesting. I know Gantt was saying he thought a new GM might be named today but when it didn't look like it was going to happen, he was thinking that something shifted back towards Hurney being able to stay around. 

6 minutes ago, Saca312 said:

Gantt just reported Marty got the job on the radio. I’d take this with a grain of salt if it’s La Confora

Define “reported”. 

If Gantt has this scoop you’d think he would post it on twitter for the credit like every other professional sports writer would do.

Archived