• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Lake Dawson Has Second Interview With Panthers For GM Job

bobsfoodbasics

54 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Oh look, more media talking heads throwing poo at the wall hoping something will stick.

We have La Canfora saying a hiring is imminent, we have Pelissero saying a decision isn't even close, and we have Voth completely punting on the situation saying that the decision could be made today, tomorrow, later, that the situation is "fluid". Well, yeah. No poo. You don't need any knowledge of the situation what so ever to say that. Hell, there's no way to possibly be wrong.

Without knowing what I am talking about, I can state with some large degree of uncertainty that the probability of this statement being erroneous is somewhat unpredictable in situations similar to this in other sports as in this one, so the relatively subjective and unverified assumption is that there will be a change if a state of remaining constant is not achieved.   I stand by those words.

57 minutes ago, bobsfoodbasics said:

I just find it funny that the local beat writers never report any news on the Panthers.

I am waiting for the Joe Person tweet in 20 minutes confirming that Lake Dawson had a second interview.

Our beat reporters work for the Baltimore Sun.

11 minutes ago, thomas96 said:

Get us some more in depth info on Dawson Scot! Sounds like he's most likely going to be hired as GM soon barring an extremely unlikely scenario where the NFL wraps up the Hurney investigation before the 20th of Feb.

Already did: GM Candidate Profiles

One of the things you'll find in there is an extensive - and impressive - speech given at Notre Dame by Dawson.

27 minutes ago, Towelboy said:

I reached out to my friend and previous Panthers Director of Player Personnel about Lake Dawson. He says he's a good man and great candidate. He's embarassed by what the Panthers front office has become and like we all say here, keeping Hurney would lead to continued craziness. 

Koncz?

14 minutes ago, PurityControl said:

I’ve been busy so been out of all this GM BS, Lake Dawson r’lly the old WR from the Chiefs

Dam I remember watching him back in the 90’s

He could be the new Panther GM dammmm

I feeelz old.

That's him. I looked back at his old squads. He was part of some great teams and teammate to some phenomenal players.

Turns out while he was playing for the Chiefs, Jimmy Raye's dad was the runningback coach. Raye the third was there as a quality control guy too.

4 minutes ago, mjligon said:

Well that doesn’t make any sense. It’s like we are interviewing him again just for the sake of it.

Makes some sense.If you've already had one formal interview in front of the committee, why do you have to do it over again? Plus Rivera's contract has been signed to an extension already so he doesn't need to be there anyway.

Archived