• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers continue to hold out for Hurney

Mr. Scot

30 minutes ago, The Natural said:

Honestly, at this point I'd be more comfortable with him running this offseason just for the sake of continuity until new ownership takes over. Throwing someone in last minute who isn't familiar with the team doesn't seem like a recipe for success.

the only thing hurney’s familiar with is the view of the inside of his own ass

26 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Keeping a terrible general manager in place for the sake of continuity when you have an opportunity to hire someone who can do a great job is the absolute height of stupidity.

Seems like common sense, Hurney wasn't good at the key things GMs need to be good at. Find late round talent and keep the cap competitive. But yet people support him since he's been around the block. poo seems crazy to me.

Atleast if a new candidate came in and did a poor job that'd be one thing. But rehashing a GM that couldn't cut the mustard the first time outside of the first and expecting him to produce drastically different results is foolish. 

If you have the 1st pick in every fuging round another player besides the qb should still be on the team 4/5 years later, point blank period. 

1 hour ago, Jesse said:

It was selfish of JR to hold out until the end of the season to wait to sell the team. I'm afraid we'll pick a GM only to have a new owner come in next year and tear the team apart and start this all over again.

There is no doubt in my mind the new owner will replace Hurney unless the team is wildly successful...which is what Hurney is banking on.  

59 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Seems like all has been quiet on the interview front after the Fritz Pollard Alliance said that we're all clear on the Rooney Rule front. Seems pretty obvious to me that if the NFL can get Marty cleared then he's the new GM. Pretty much like we all assumed from the get-go. Hurney will almost certainly oversee free agency and the draft this year, but I'd be surprised if new ownership doesn't give him the boot soon. This sucks, but it wasn't at all unexpected.

I guess the hindsight is he will be canned by new owners. 

1 minute ago, unicar15 said:

There is no doubt in my mind the new owner will replace Hurney unless the team is wildly successful...which is what Hurney is banking on.  

When a new owner takes over, nobody's job is safe, and the current GM will likely get the squinty eyed look the first day. 

Archived