• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Marty Hurney Has Been Reinstated

bobsfoodbasics

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

That Hurney was willing to trade a future first believing that Clausen was a franchise quarterback isn't what bothers me the most.

That he actually believed Clausen was a franchise quarterback is what scares me.

Every team in the league passed on Clausen, including two QB needy teams and the frigging Cleveland Browns.  Our GM was the only one dumb enough to not only take him, but to try to use extra picks to trade up. Throw in that he fell for some misinformation from the Colts that wound up leading him to trade a high pick for Armanti Edwards.

If stuff like that doesn't tell people why Hurney shouldn't be in the drivers seat, I don't know what will.

Image result for MEL KIPER JR

5 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

That Hurney was willing to trade a future first believing that Clausen was a franchise quarterback isn't what bothers me the most.

That he actually believed Clausen was a franchise quarterback is what scares me.

Every team in the league passed on Clausen, including two QB needy teams and the frigging Cleveland Browns.  Our GM was the only one dumb enough to not only take him, but to try to use extra picks to trade up. Throw in that he fell for some misinformation from the Colts that wound up leading him to trade a high pick for Armanti Edwards.

If stuff like that doesn't tell people why Hurney shouldn't be in the drivers seat, I don't know what will.

Believe it or not every GM in the NFL makes mistakes in the draft......

10 minutes ago, Cary Kollins said:

are we really splitting hairs about if Hurney would've traded up for Clausen after the debacle trade he made for ARMANTI EDWARDS???

Hurney was an awful GM and there is no evidence to suggest he will be any different after being on the couch for the past five years.

Per MHS, the primary reason he made that trade was because of some misinformation from the Colts indicating that they planned to take him.

Stuff like that gets floated around the draft all the time. The idea is to be smart enough not to fall for it. Hurney wasn't that smart.

What's become increasingly clear is that a lot of the league viewed the Panthers as suckers. That rep remained firmly in place a year after Hurney was fired. Another team called offering to trade their second for our next year's first. Gettleman laughed and hung up on them.

Now that Hurney's back, looks like the gift shop is open again.

24 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Per MHS, the primary reason he made that trade was because of some misinformation from the Colts indicating that they planned to take him.

Stuff like that gets floated around the draft all the time. The idea is to be smart enough not to fall for it. Hurney wasn't that smart.

What's become increasingly clear is that a lot of the league viewed the Panthers as suckers. That rep remained firmly in place a year after Hurney was fired. Another team called offering to trade their second for our next year's first. Gettleman laughed and hung up on them.

Now that Hurney's back, looks like the gift shop is open again.

Gettleman was, in fact he owned the draft.

Archived