• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

It's Official. Hurney is the GM

AppHeel

2 minutes ago, RetiredCollegeCoach said:

Thank God they made the right call on this one instead of reaching for the shiny new object just because the media wants it.

Hurney is a HoF GM and #8 out of 90 modern GMs in drafting acumen. He is beloved throughout the organization, and it was tragic to see him nearly felled by false accusations.

Honestly, this forum needs a full purge of the dead-enders who are so locked into their Gettleboy fandom that they have begun rooting against the Panthers.

Send them all to a Giants forum; they'll be happier there.

I can't tell if this is sarcasm or not.....

3 minutes ago, CanadianCat said:

I'm ok with this. New owner will probably bring in own GM next year.

So he make sense for a 1 year fix.

I wouldn't call what Hurney is likely to do a "fix".

1 minute ago, ericr0319 said:

just gotta hope he learned from his mistakes. he was responsible for trading KB correct? if so, i like what he has done so far. 

The problem was never that he made mistakes. The problem was that he didn't know what he was doing. He's never been a scout and doesn't know how to do talent evaluation, something that's crucial to success as a general manager.

You don't gain the equivalent of 20 years scouting experience working at a radio station.

Just now, RetiredCollegeCoach said:

And you can f*cking quote me on this: We WILL win Super Bowl LIII. 

Unless we do something magical this offseason (and so far we definitely aren't), and with as much change that's going on in the organization, i see this being a down year. New system that not everyone will click with. Loss of DC and OC (who did suck) but still there's an adjustment. If we go 6-10 new owner would probably be willing to eat Ron's contract and start from scratch. The window is closing, much like Seattle's.

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

I wouldn't call what Hurney is likely to do a "fix".

The problem was never that he made mistakes. The problem was that he didn't know what he was doing. He's never been a scout and doesn't know how to do talent evaluation, something that's crucial to success as a general manager.

You don't gain the equivalent of 20 years scouting experience working at a radio station.

I agree, but those would be his mistakes. Needs to put better staff in place to handle what he cant. At this point, its like your presidential candidate lost. We cannot hope he fails (and I don't think you hope he fails). 

9 minutes ago, Cyclonus said:

Geebus....  Saw it coming a mile away.  Still annoying though.

A load of people said immediately after he was named interim GM that they knew it wasn't going to be temporary.

Probably would have been easier if the Panthers hadn't teased us by actually bringing in qualified candidates, but hey...

What still makes me shake my head more than anything is that the people running the team actually seem to believe they can fool people when everyone sees through them so easily.

This team's total lack of self-awareness is utterly pathetic.

Archived