• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

*SPECULATION* Rapoport: Panthers Among Potential Suitors For Trading For 16 Million Dollar Scatback Jarvis Landry

Saca312

Just now, RumHam said:

you post too much. landry is a playmaker. stop stealing things from reddit. I want this to happen. I mean he's no paul richardson or a risk of a draft pick.

Please tell me you're not serious.

You really want to trade valuable assets to Miami for Jarvis Landry and then turn around and give him a 4 year/$60M contract to boot?

Wanna screw the team over? Because that's how you screw a team over. Not only would you be giving up a valuable pick (or picks) that are your best opportunity of adding impact talent for relatively small cap space, but you'd also be shooting the cap flexibility all to hell by the contract you'd be handing Landry.

This would be a disastrous move for the Panthers.

1 minute ago, Krovvy said:

Where did it say Hurney was interested? They stated that the Panthers could be a fit.

I can point to where I point out this is likely speculation and nothing more if you need me to.

Hopefully this is merely speculation and nothing more.

Just wanted to make sure you didn't forget about that part.

Speculating that we might be interested and actually being interested and making calls are two very different things.

Also, Saca...bro.... what's up with you and Landry? He plays in a different conference even but I would barely know who he was if it weren't for you ranting about him on a weekly basis lol.

Just now, Saca312 said:

I can point to where I point out this is likely speculation and nothing more if you need me to.

Just wanted to make sure you didn't forget about that part.

They didn't even speculate that Hurney was interested though. They just stated the Panthers have a need at receiver.

2 minutes ago, TheRed said:

Also, Saca...bro.... what's up with you and Landry? He plays in a different conference even but I would barely know who he was if it weren't for you ranting about him on a weekly basis lol.

Lol. No clue.

I one time posted that I thought Landry sucked and got assaulted by 5 Landry cult-artists for my slander.

For some odd reason saying a Dolphin's WR sucks is heresy on a Panthers forum. So of course me being the antagonist of the Huddle I like to rub in the fact he's bad whenever the topic is brought up.

First of all no one will trade for him unless the terms of the new contract are fleshed out and agreed to. Secondly when was the last time Hurney paid a ton in draft picks or money for a free agent. He made the mistake of overpaying for Williams and Stewart and screwed up by giving up future draft picks for eventual busts. But when he was GM before the complaint was he wouldn't pay huge bucks for free agents after he learned his lesson after a few forays in free agency which didn't work out. He isn't going to do this 

Just now, Krovvy said:

They didn't even speculate that Hurney was interested though. They just stated the Panthers have a need at receiver.

Hurney's a GM.

The implication that the Panthers could be interested also applies to Hurney, who does the hiring.

Archived