• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers releasing K Coleman according to Rapoport

Captain Obvious

1 minute ago, TheRed said:

Same mistake twice in three years. Top GM's do not allow that to happen on their watch.

Honestly it seems like an ego driven move more than anything else. Just wanting to prove something about his chops as an evaluator. DG and JR seem to be two peas on a pod in terms of their sheer arrogance.

I think Dave did more good than bad, but I definitely agree that he had a huge ego and that ego too often got in the way of making sensible decisions. He seemed to be too concerned about "winning" battles between players and their agents and being "right" instead of trying to find mutually beneficial resolutions.

Just now, frash.exe said:

dave gettleman did 9/11

Alright, I chuckled.

Look man, if it were up to me I would have given DG one more season to right the ship because he did do some indisputable good here and I liked a number of his moves. But considering we are both Panthers fans who have been through the ringer that is failure after failure at the worst times with this franchise, we should both be able to agree there should be no excuses for gaffes the last two years that have unequivocally hindered the team. One step forward followed by two steps back is not a recipe for sustained success.

All I can do at this point is hope that the next owner sheds this good old boy conservative 1950's approach and we get a quality GM down the line. I don't see Hurney lasting beyond 2020 no matter what either way.

Archived