• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Prospects I like edition 3..

WOW!!

Dallas Goedert 

TE South Dakota State 

6'5 260lb

College career stats

54 games played 198 rec. 2988 yards 21 T Ds

1st thing I see is those hands.. OMG those soft hands .. The ball never gets to his chest.. He snatches everything out the air.. Solid route runner size and speed.. But this guy will make his money making contested catches, getting yards after catch and being a red zone demon... The body control in the air is crazy and the concentration to get the ball no matter the traffic around him.. Ohhhhhh Weeeeeeeee...

Waiting for the combine to see what he does and correct measurement.. But now I see him as a 2nd round prospect... Needs to get bigger to be a blocker.. Which I think will drop him.. But if he shows speed on the 40'.. He could jump into the 1st round..

Reminds me of Ertz.. This guy is the best TE in this draft pass catching wise... Athletic, intelligent route running, and those HANDS!!!

Depending on what we do in FA and how well he does at the combine.. If he is there in the 2nd.. No question run the card up... Even in the 1st I really won't be mad.. IMO this dude can be a game changer at that position...

3 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Actually, the first thing I notice about his hands is they look frigging huge. Mickey Mouse would be jealous of those hands.

Am I seeing right or does it just look that way in the clip for some reason?

Agreed.. I can't wait to see the measurements.. But the way he sticks it out for those 1 handed snags.. Looks like they are swallowing the ball..

9 minutes ago, micnificent28 said:

I love this guy...But he won't be there in the second. I have been seeing him mocked late first... and i wouldn't be mad at all...its time to prepare for life without greg.

No lie.. If we can take care of Wr and secondary in FA.. I would love to snatch in the 1st.. Right now he is my favorite prospect in this draft..

5 hours ago, WOW!! said:

No lie.. If we can take care of Wr and secondary in FA.. I would love to snatch in the 1st.. Right now he is my favorite prospect in this draft..

We tried solving the WR dilema with the draft for the past 3 seasons and it hasn't worked. Time to spend resources on other positions. 

WRs + FB = TE 

Kill 2 Birds with 1 stone

If we are sure that Armah is only a fullback, I'd be fine double dipping at TE this year. Dickson is a FA. We know Olsen is on the way out soon. We know that Norv likes and uses the tight end. There is plenty of talent out there in the draft this year. If we can get Goedert and a more well rounded blocking type a little later, we'd be in really good shape moving forward. Cam would have weapons; Norv would have weapons.

Archived