• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tell me about video gaming these days (Specifically Xbox)

Hotsauce

23 hours ago, Hotsauce said:

What are the best Xbox games going now?

Only thing I have played lately is NBA2K18 and Halo 5 multiplayer. I have three teenage boys, two only game on their PCs. The youngest (14) plays Fortnite and Skyrim and maybe Madden with his friends. I am looking forward to State of Decay 2 coming out in May (Zombie Apocalypse survival). 

I was always an xbox gamer. After owning the xbox one and being highly disappointed and dealing with multiple issues I bought a ps4 and LOVE IT. I have no intention of going back to XBOX. I can't remember 1 time where my PS4 didn't work properly. XBOX One had multiple app issues, I had to wipe the whole thing within a year of owning it because it would not come on. It was a pain in my ass.

On 3/13/2018 at 9:48 PM, Hotsauce said:

What are the best Xbox games going now?

Everyone and their mothers are playing either PUBG, Fortnite, or Rocket League right now. I'd definitely pick up Rocket League ($20) and Fortnite (Free). Like I said earlier, I like PUBG, but I heard it wasn't as good on console.

For an older game, but still worth playing, I'd go with The Witcher 3. You don't need to play the first two. It's amazing.

I played a bit of witcher 3 and LOVED it, then I got busy with work, and fell back into D2.  I'm playing Shadows of War now (super late to the game, I know), and that's a super fun game.  If you have the X Box One X, you can get some crazy good graphics out of it.

That's just what I'm playing though.  There are a poo ton of great games for all the major players out there.

On ‎2018‎/‎03‎/‎13 at 1:43 PM, Hotsauce said:

I pulled the trigger. 

I’ll probably try to find the games I want either used or just buy them. 

I bought fortnite. I’ve heard good things so I am stoked to play

Why did you buy fortnite? It's the Battle Royale mode that people like, and that mode is free. The single player mode sucks and that's what you have to pay for.

57 minutes ago, 4Corners said:

So this FortNite multiplayer, the battle royale, that I keep hearing about and is the most talked about game right now - I can go to Xbox live and download it for free?

Yes it is free.

There are optional microtransactions, but none of them give people who buy them an advantage. The only thing I would recommend spending money on is the Battle Pass. If gives you weekly challenges and extra skins, emotes, XP boosts, etc.

Again, there is no competitive advantage. It doesn't make the slightest difference in how the game plays (other than making people go to a certain area to complete a certain challenge.)

On ‎2018‎/‎03‎/‎15 at 8:22 AM, Cat said:

I was always an xbox gamer. After owning the xbox one and being highly disappointed and dealing with multiple issues I bought a ps4 and LOVE IT. I have no intention of going back to XBOX. I can't remember 1 time where my PS4 didn't work properly. XBOX One had multiple app issues, I had to wipe the whole thing within a year of owning it because it would not come on. It was a pain in my ass.

Out of curiosity, how long ago was that?

Even the most hardcore Xbot will acknowledge the Xbox One's launch was terrible. But Phil Spencer took over the Xbox Division about 2 years ago and made it enjoyable again.

22 minutes ago, Chimera said:

Yes it is free.

There are optional microtransactions, but none of them give people who buy them an advantage. The only thing I would recommend spending money on is the Battle Pass. If gives you weekly challenges and extra skins, emotes, XP boosts, etc.

Again, there is no competitive advantage. It doesn't make the slightest difference in how the game plays (other than making people go to a certain area to complete a certain challenge.)

Thx bro. Gonna download this when I get home. It’s on the XBL market place?

Archived