• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Does anyone else on here not give a F about college football?

Hotsauce

So I was fortunate that my college didn’t have a football team. We had a good basketball team. 

I always get the question from diehard CFB guys If my college experience sucked without CFB. It didn’t. 

Now as an adult, I can’t tell you how great it is to have Saturday’s free. So many of my friends have to schedule around their teams CFB games. 

Another perk of not being tied or not caring about CFB is you can watch any game, with any group of fans, and still enjoy it, without worrying about an allegiance.  

Just now, Jon Snow said:

Meh, I'll watch a game now and then if I'm not doing anything better.  You could say I'm not emotionally invested.

Honestly, the fact that I'm not invested - except for WVU games, of course -  makes it more fun to watch.

I use to be that way.... Until I married a Georgia girl :). Now, I follow the SEC, primarily UGA. Fortunately, she never was a pro person so thankfully she isn't a Falcons fan. She loves cheering for TD, for obvious reasons but hates Cam. 

Surprisingly, when I lived in Brunswick Co, there were several classmates who cheered for the Dawgs.

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

Honestly, the fact that I'm not invested - except for WVU games, of course -  makes it more fun to watch.

It does help to objectively look at the teams if you're not a blind Homer of one particular team.   I enjoy watching someone make a play no matter who he plays for.

I'm not attached to any schools and I don't care about any college sports whatsoever. Only time I get interested is NFL draft season and that's still just in draft prospects. I watch games around this time to look at players but don't watch any college FB live and don't care about the outcomes of the games.

I tried to get into watching it but it’s just so amateur. I get that’s the appeal but it’s basically sloppy AF NFL. 

Now going to a game...that’s fun as hell. I wish NFL games had that kind of atmosphere.

Archived