• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carolina Panthers Have *Serious* Interest In S Tyrann Mathieu

Saca312

3 minutes ago, stbugs said:

and our cap blows open next year so we can structure to minimize 2018 cap hit. 

This is what so many don’t realize when they’re saying we can’t afford so and so. There is a lot of money coming off the books next season and with a cut or so we can create a lot more... (matt Kalil I’m looking at you)

48 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

But the Huddle told me for years that it’s impossible to work around the cap

And “free agency isn’t won on the first few days of the free agent period.”

Im so glad we haven’t had to hear that this year.

35 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

It only appears so because Gettleman spent 5 years pinching pennies and cleaning up Hurneys mess from the last time. The same mess he is creating right now. He’s building a 1 year team. He knows he’s gone next year. Possibly sooner, so he really doesn’t give a fug what happens after this season. Backloading contracts, Hurneys way of life.

What mess is he creating? Every contract that Hurney has handed out so far has an easy way out.

5 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

This is what so many don’t realize when they’re saying we can’t afford so and so. There is a lot of money coming off the books next season and with a cut or so we can create a lot more... (matt Kalil I’m looking at you)

Hahahaha looking directly at you Matt lol that's funny, and really that's how you play the game a wizard with the cap big hits getting cut and coming off the books before we over pay. Tough cuts restructures etc we have the money with players like Shep that's 2mil saving if cut I'm sure we can get Honey Badger at 4mil cap hit this yr it can be done without hurting us to much. Now with this go all out because you might get fired idea is exciting make the deal fit our Situation Hurney it'll take so much pressure off the Dline give us prowbowlers on all three levels of D last time we had that we went to the Big Dance I'm just saying fellas.

3 minutes ago, AggieLean said:

What mess is he creating? Every contract that Hurney has handed out so far has an easy way out.

And if we don’t out we won’t have enough funds left to build a team and sign our core back at the prices they will be valued at.

As the saying goes, fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

3 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

And if we don’t out we won’t have enough funds left to build a team and sign our core back at the prices they will be valued at.

As the saying goes, fool me once, shame on me. Fool me twice, shame on you.

Why wouldn't we out? Are you saying he would purposely not cut a player just to sabotage the team and allow our core to walk? That's a good way to keep your job...

I feel like you are reaching.

2 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

None of the contracts are bad, this is foolish. smh. 

2 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

What are you even talking about? 

3 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

yes, all across the NFL, teams that don't wait for week 3 of the league year to add a player are consistently forced to sit the season out because they can't field a team out of their disgraceful irreverece for Master Cap

2 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

Why wouldn't we out? Are you saying he would purposely not cut a player just to sabotage the team and allow our core to walk? That's a good way to keep your job...

I feel like you are reaching.

I feel like he has one year or less and he doesn’t care what happens after that because he knows he’s not going to be here. New ownership is going to want their guy. The shortsightedness of people here is incredible at some points. 

We are going to have some serious holes all over this team next year that are going to need to be filled. With a mound of veterans leaving and contracts coming up. If we keep any of these guys everything is shot to poo. I prefer gettlemans theory. Plan and simple. I like most of you lives through the shitty shitty years Hurney produced, including 1-15 and a cap hell. I have no interest in doing the same thing over again. 

We don’t have any clue how this team is going to perform either with the amount of coaching and player turnover we had. It’s all theoretical at this point. 

Archived