• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Breeland failed physical *update* non football injury

Captain Obvious

2 minutes ago, Krovvy said:

Is it not possible to offer him a new contract with lower guaranteed money for his first year?

Only if he's willing to wait.

I suspect the more likely outcome is he tries to find another team that'll pass him.

If he can't then yes, he could wait on us, but even while he's waiting and once he's healed he's still a free agent and could sign anywhere.  There's no obligation for him to commit to us.

It's definitely possible we could get him back but I wouldn't get my hopes up at this point.

2 minutes ago, FugAllY'all said:

fug. No one on the Panther's to blame for this one, this is all on Breeland. poo luck, this totally fugs our offseason if we can't find a comparable replacement. 

Unless Breeland is telling the truth when he says that the Panthers were informed of it ahead of time. Either way, we have freed up money and several positions we can spend it on. Hopefully we use this second chance WISELY.

2 minutes ago, FugAllY'all said:

fug. No one on the Panther's to blame for this one, this is all on Breeland. poo luck, this totally fugs our offseason if we can't find a comparable replacement. 

Yeah, can't really blame the Panthers for this situation.

There's no way to foresee something like this, and if anyone had suspected something I doubt they'd have signed him.

Just now, MountainHeel66 said:

Unless Breeland is telling the truth when he says that the Panthers were informed of it ahead of time. Either way, we have freed up money and several positions we can spend it on. Hopefully we use this second chance WISELY.

Probably said something like "yeah I've got this cut but I played on it last year and it was no big deal".

Given that it wasn't an issue with the Redskins, he certainly had every reason to believe it wouldn't bother us either.

4 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Only if he's willing to wait.

I suspect the more likely outcome is he tries to find another team that'll pass him.

If he can't then yes, he could wait on us, but even while he's waiting and once he's healed he's still a free agent and could sign anywhere.  There's no obligation for him to commit to us.

It's definitely possible we could get him back but I wouldn't get my hopes up at this point.

Right. It's a tricky situation. Best move would be to move on and get other CB's to visit as soon as possible.

Archived