• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Willing to trade down “if”...

Reebis21

Trading down is not a sexy move by any means. However, with the possibility of Olsen going into the broadcasting booth and us not landing a quality CB and/or Safety in free agency, this team all the sudden has quite a few holes. 

CB, S, TE, OG, DE, RB...and WR for all the “Cam needs more weapons!!!” huddlers out there.

So given our current and possible situation going into the the draft, complete this sentence:

“Only way I’m trading down, is if _____ is/are off the board already.”

Then tell us what team u could see possibly trading with or what what players you might target once we trade down.

I’ll start off...

Only way I’m trading down, is if Josh Jackson and Will Hernandez are off the board already.

I could see a team like the Colts possibly being a good trading partner.

Panthers get- 36th (540 pts), 37th (530 pts), 178th (19.8 pts)

Colts get- 24th (740 pts), 55th (350 pts)

I’d be happy with any combo of Harrison/Reid, James Daniels/Billy Price or Mike Gesicki

1 minute ago, Adb6368 said:

Won’t respond exactly how you wanted but my response would be...

im trading down if...I’m guaranteed 2 starters as a result of the trade 

Which I think we could get if we r picking with the 36 and 37th

We'll be willing to trade down, IF...we actually ever trade down.

Now...Trade up?  Yeah, I could see Hurney jumping up.  He's fighting for his job this year, doubt he gives a damn about future picks. He could be considering the comp pick for Norwell, too, and has (sadly) his history of trading future picks/jumping up.

2 hours ago, Adb6368 said:

Won’t respond exactly how you wanted but my response would be...

im trading down if...I’m guaranteed 2 starters as a result of the trade 

There’s no cap space to take on two veteran contracts, if that’s what you mean. As for trading down for picks, Gettlleman could’ve done that the past four years and still got the guy he wanted. I’d take the OP’s scenario in a heartbeat, grab a CB, S, TE, OL/DE or WR/RB in no particular order. Just my opinion...

4 hours ago, Panthers8969 said:

You want us to give up our first and 2nd for two 2nds? Yeah no thanks I’ll pass on that 

When u say it like that, I get it...but the whole point to my question was if certain players were already off the board...at that point, the next guy u might want could be had lower in the draft. Just like many ppl felt we could have traded down to get Shaq. I realize we would need a willing trading partner but there in lies the point of my original question.

The colts have 3 2nd rounders and might wanna jump up and scoop somebody that they know won’t fall to 36 or 37.

You don't build a successful team long term by trading out of the first round hoping you can hit needs in the early second. By definition you are reaching, as the chance that your top guy is also your top need is very slim, and those guys usually ends up to be borderline starters at best. 

I've lost count of all busts described with "we had a first round grade on him". 

If you can ransom someone because they really like a player at your pick, go head, but "value adds up for both teams" trade out of the first is basically never a good idea. 

I think if we believe one of the top corners or safeties could start for us and be solid, we’d have to take them at 24. Unless there’s a huge run on QB before us, I doubt there’s a “must have” guy at 24, so yeah, I’d trade back in a second but the deal would need to be better than what you’ve proposed. Don’t like giving up 55.

Archived