• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ross Cockrell’s QB Rating In Zone Coverage is...Incredible

Saca312

Well this really caught my eye. Now, understand I’m not a fan of QB rating in applicable terms of the QB, but for how well a cornerback does I think it more or less tells a good story.

So, feast your eyes on this:

Yes, that is a 13.8 QB Rating allowed, 35% comp %, 3.6 Yards per Target, and 81% success rate. Most stats are top 5 in each category.

He’s first in the NFL at allowing a low QB rating. Pretty impressive.

Certainly looks like he’s a pretty decent cornerback. Film also checks out. 

Great add. Better than Worley for sure.

Just now, Dunn said:

I like this, but in following form of most huddlers here I must alert you that you have now doomed this player to play sub-par for the time he is with us.  (still a cool stat though)

I didn’t write an article on him.

He’s still safe. 

I’ve seen plenty of him with the Steelers. He has good instincts and I was always shocked they traded, but they signed Joe Haden and decided to get a pick for him. Was solid in two different defenses. Much better than Worley. 

5 minutes ago, Saca312 said:

Yes, that is a 13.8 QB Rating allowed, 35% comp %, 3.6 Yards per Target, and 81% success rate. Most stats are top 5 in each category.

He’s first in the NFL at allowing a low QB rating. Pretty impressive.

Certainly looks like he’s a pretty decent cornerback. Film also checks out. 

Great add. Better than Worley for sure.

Another hole filled. At a decent price as well. This team is shaping up, one player at a time.

Also, I would like to add that contrary to many on here. I appreciate what you bring to this place. And the time and effort that goes into doing so. This is basically the only place I get my Panther news. Your contributions are a big part of why I enjoy this place. 

If you enjoy doing your write -ups. By all means, continue.

I saw a lot of Giants fans that were sad to see him not get re-upped by DG. They liked him more than Apple, and the stats back-up that he was putting it together later in the season. Had 3 picks in the final 3 weeks of the season and was matched up against some pretty talented WRs. 

I think our scheme will fit him better, and our front 7, along with Bradberry will allow him to be himself and thrive without the pressure of trying to prove himself like he had to in PIT and with the NYG. 

I don't foresee a pro-bowl selection or the next JNo here, but I think he can be every bit as good as Breeland would have been for us, and a sound guy that won't kill us on the outside. He's hungry and I think he sees this as an opportunity to come back to a place he is comfortable (CLT Latin & Duke) and be a solid corner for us.

4 minutes ago, Marcogreenbush said:

My friend that's a steelers fan said he sucked but I did reasearch and pff has him as above average. And I like his aggressiveness 

As a lifelong Steelers fan, you can’t imagine the undeserved hostilities shown certain players. Most times unjustified. He’s a solid #2. For the price, that’s fine. We could do a lot worse than Cockrell starting. And were for the past two seasons.

3 minutes ago, Marcogreenbush said:

My friend that's a steelers fan said he sucked but I did reasearch and pff has him as above average. And I like his aggressiveness 

Fans are ALWAYS an accurate indicator of what we should and shouldnt do. They are especially keen in player assessments. 

The more meatloafs consumed per week the better.  Also, the more time spent arm chair GMing on messageboards while their mom wipes their fat, pasty ass...  the better. 

2 minutes ago, Toomers said:

As a lifelong Steelers fan, you can’t imagine the undeserved hostilities shown certain players. Most times unjustified. He’s a solid #2. For the price, that’s fine. We could do a lot worse than Cockrell starting. And were for the past two seasons.

Yupperz, Ross has a chance to really solidify that CB situation. He is a defiant upgrade over Worley. And at a great value. 

The one thing that puzzles me this year? Folks saying Worley needed to go. Yet they want to replace him with a 3rd round CB. As Worley was a 3rd, I just don't get that. One of those things that make me go "hmm".

8 minutes ago, The Huddler said:

Fans are ALWAYS an accurate indicator of what we should and shouldnt do. They are especially keen in player assessments. 

The more meatloafs consumed per week the better.  Also, the more time spent arm chair GMing on messageboards while their mom wipes their fat, pasty ass...  the better. 

Dude. You started out so well. Then...I am not sure I can handle the imagery. 

22 minutes ago, iamhubby1 said:

Yupperz, Ross has a chance to really solidify that CB situation. He is a defiant upgrade over Worley. And at a great value. 

The one thing that puzzles me this year? Folks saying Worley needed to go. Yet they want to replace him with a 3rd round CB. As Worley was a 3rd, I just don't get that. One of those things that make me go "hmm".

It doesn’t matter where they were drafted. What matters is how they perform on the field.

i agree about Ross.

1 minute ago, TheCasillas said:

It doesn’t matter where they were drafted. What matters is how they perform on the field.

Um, that makes sense. But...what I was saying is there are folks who want to replace a 3rd round CB, with a 3rd round CB. Then automatically expect the new one to outperform the old one. Fans. You gotta love em.

1 hour ago, iamhubby1 said:

Worley was slow maybe 4.7 slow This Guy is quicker and more proven

Archived