• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Realistic Draft Tiers for Panthers at 24

Soul Rebel

28 minutes ago, Cpt slay a ho said:

Cb is a more premier position in the leauge, having a good on corner on a rookie contract is great in today’s leauge, main reason I wanted lattimore last year. Same thing this year, if a top cb slides, draft him and grab the best s or og in round 2, follow up by the best te and rb in round 3.

again this is if any top wideouts done slide 

This is almost word for word what I'm thinking. A good GM should be looking ahead. CB is a very expensive position so it is nice to lock a good one up for 5 years on a rookie deal. Hoping for Price (g) or Reid (s) the second, then Rb/TE in the third. 

1 minute ago, Ace_Aladdin said:

Certain positions are more important to a team based on their scheme. For the Panthers it's TEs & RBs, stop trying to fit other teams typical need into Panthers.

5ab5c12c9853c_ScreenShot2018-03-23at11_05_51PM.thumb.png.ee2c244000a502ac9ba0d82ebf25e486.png

Just wanted to know which 2-3 were "tier 1" in his opinion, wasn't being passive aggressive there. From what I've heard this group isn't deep, even less for a blocking and catching TE.

I know it's early so take mocks for what they are. I looked at 10 mocks that include CBSS, Take 10, and NFL and not a single one had a TE going before #24. If they had a TE going in round 1 it was in ranges 25-32, and it was always just one. Most of the time it was Hurst or Andrews. Getting a TE in round 2-3 isn't anything to be ashamed of but that's not what this thread was about, only our #24 pick.

Great post.

Definately is the right way to look at the draft.

If tier one falls to you, pick the player, and call it a day.

If multiple tier 2 players are left consider trading down.

As far as which players are in which tiers, you can debate that all day long.

12 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Would be curious to know what we think of him. I imagine opinions on him are going to vary wildly from team to team.

I would think teams looking for a strong side 4-3 DE would be interested in him.  I would assume we would fall in that category.  

He strikes me as a tier 3 guy.  Probably won't be there at our second round pick but there will probably be guys rated higher on the board at 24.

10 hours ago, GoobyPls said:

He's a third round talent getting hyped as first round pick cause he went to OSU.

The picture of him talking to Belichick at the OSU pro day won't hurt the hype either. Between that and the lacrosse background everyone will assume the Patriots are high on him.

Archived