• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Thomas Davis Has Been Suspended For Four Games After Testing Positive For A Banned Substance.

Saca312

this man has been through numerous ACL tears of the same knee, and has never tested positive before. If you take a supplement, and the manufacturer suddenly changes up the formula even just a little, it can cause a negative test to become positive. Sucks, and he should be aware, considering it's part of his job requirements to know what's being put in his body, but can anyone honestly say they read the label of their daily vitamin every single time they buy it?

I'll give him the benefit of the doubt, since he's had a clean track record for this stuff before, and it seems he's truly repentant for not being more careful. There has been plenty of time in the past to cheat, and even if older, I doubt he'd doing anything to jeopardize his legacy with the team like this. No one who refers to himself in the third person would - too much (well-earned) ego to tarnish his image.

5 minutes ago, The Huddler said:

hey dingus

we have shaq thompson and run mostly nickel defense

thomas davis was going to be phased out anyway this year

Hey doofus

That was suppose to happen last year and it didn't. Shaq Thompson is another one of Gettlemans reject picks.

7 minutes ago, ickmule said:

The NFL is a joke. No wonder fans are bailing out.  I don’t love the game 25% as much as I once did. 

yeah, looking at the list of banned substances is a joke. Just taking any over the counter supplement outside of creatine for performance that actually works will get u suspended. 

1 minute ago, Harbingers said:

Holy poo, do we actually agree on something?

Well at least we can operate with some basic common sense here. It's a ridiculous notion. Especially after how a well known Jerry Richardson favorite like Steve Smith was so unceremoniously jettisoned like he was a jag.

Just now, TheRed said:

Well at least we can operate with some basic common sense here. It's a ridiculous notion. Especially after how a well known Jerry Richardson favorite like Steve Smith was so unceremoniously jettisoned like he was a jag.

Personally I’m convinced gettleman was gotten rid of because of JR’s drama. Like him or not it rings pretty true gettleman stood up for a few players that JR wanted gone for social/racial issues.

TD’s contract had nothing to do with it.

Honestly, I don't think this has a huge impact on us on the field. It sounded like everyone including TD was aware that he would be playing a decreased role this coming season as Shaq's role increased. 

Really disappointed this has happened. I understand aging players trying to hang on and skirting the rules to try to do it. It happened to CJ last year. But, TD is a former NFL Man of the Year. Players know they're responsible for what they put in their bodies, period. No exceptions. The NFL provides a list of approved supplements that have been tested and proven to be free of banned substances. If a player deviates from that list then that's on them.

Archived