• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Picks 55, 85, and 88

AU-panther

8 hours ago, j2sgam said:

I’ve hada few bev’rages... but you just traded Bradberry in both the 1st &2nd rounds... I know I’m drunk but your math hurts my head....

I’ve hada few bev’rages... but you just traded Bradberry in both the 1st &2nd rounds... I know I’m drunk but your math hurts my head.... nothin but love, nahmean?

I don't see it. 

I don't see it.

If the first round, I trade the first rounder and the sixth to Jax.  Where is Bradberry?

I may have made a mistake, but I don't see what you mean.

8 hours ago, t96 said:

We’re not trading James.

That would eliminate the competition RR wants, but it was the only player of value I could market to move up for a WR, CB, and S in the first two rounds.  If we have Alexander and Cockrell, you would not trade Bradberry if the phone rings and McDermott / Bean are on the phone, wanting a deal?  If I thought Bradberry was going to be my #3 CB on the outside and it would help get me a top WR, I pull the trigger.

1 hour ago, bull123 said:

Saw a mock where we give up 40 and 85 for Thomas from Seattle 

would you pull the trigger on that one?...what kind of contract does he have/want?

I don’t love the idea. The guy has been really good but he was selling himself to the Cowboys after a team loss. Feels like loyalty won’t be his strong suit. He has a couple of peak years left then he will decline. I think we can get a good long term solution for the position with a 2nd round investment.

28 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

If I thought Bradberry was going to be my #3 CB on the outside and it would help get me a top WR, I pull the trigger.

Too early to give up on a 2nd round pick on a rookie contract. This year will be telling for his development though.

It’s an interesting scenario but giving up picks in a roster that lacks depth and has numerous upcoming retirements seems like a luxury we can’t afford.

Yes MH has a history of trading up but I hope Hurney V2 has learned from past mistakes. Otherwise we’re in trouble no matter what.

12 hours ago, MHS831 said:

Predicting trades:

Day One:
#24 and our sixth rounder to Jacksonville for their first and a third.  We draft Jaire Alexander, CB  at end of first round.

Day Two:

• Trade:  Bradberry and a seventh rounder to Buffalo for a fourth rounder.
  • Trade: Second and fourth to move up in second to take WR Anthony Miller

Day three:

• Trade:  Fifth and Third to move up in third to take Kyzir White, S.

With the other third rounder, draft Penny, RB.

Bradberry is worth more than a 4th. That being said if we go corner in round 1 I could see us making him available for the right offer. Just don’t think a 4th is enough. 

12 hours ago, MHS831 said:

Predicting trades:

Day One:
#24 and our sixth rounder to Jacksonville for their first and a third.  We draft Jaire Alexander, CB  at end of first round.

Day Two:

• Trade:  Bradberry and a seventh rounder to Buffalo for a fourth rounder.
  • Trade: Second and fourth to move up in second to take WR Anthony Miller

Day three:

• Trade:  Fifth and Third to move up in third to take Kyzir White, S.

With the other third rounder, draft Penny, RB.

Wow..I've seen some pretty terrible things on the Huddle before and this is up there...

2 hours ago, pantherclaw said:

I doubt we get more than 2 immediate starters out of this draft, if even 2.

Our top 4 draft picks may not start at the beginning of the year, but I would think most will get significant playing time.  I think there are a lot of snaps available for an RB, TE, S, and possibly CB. 

Plus we have 6m in cap to sign our draft class plus Cockrell, Gunter, Searcy, Silatolu, Sirles, and Wright.  Something has got to give.

Archived