• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Prospects you want the Panthers to draft (regardless of round)

XClown1986

Title says it all. Who are the prospects you REALLY like that you would love to see in a Panthers uniform next year? Obviously the top 15 or so guys are not practical, but everyone else is up for discussion.

For me, I LOVE how LB Dorian O'Daniel plays the game. He would be amazing depth/player to groom, and a special teams demon from day one.

Other guys I love:

DT Tim Settle (BIG guy and disruptive)

DE Rasheem Green (Needs a redshirt year but has all the tools and intensity to be a great player)

CB MJ Stewart (SOOO physical. Has great ball skills too. Reminds me of EJ Gaines coming out, but without the durability question marks)

FS Kyzir White (some people like him as a SS but I actually think he is more in the mold of how we used Mike Mitchell. Good reactor, good tackler)

SS Terrell Edmunds (Lengthy guy and very athletic. Brother gets more attention but Terrell is a fantastic player in his own right)

WR Keke Coutee (Doesn't get enough publicity. One of the fastest players in the draft, built solidly, and tracks the deep ball really well)

WR Cedrick Wilson (I guess crazy production doesn't guarantee publicity. Reminds me of Marques Colston.)

RB Royce Freeman (Most underrated back in the draft. averaged over 6 yards a carry 2 different seasons in college)

TE Mark Andrews (People are down on him as a blocker but I truly don't see that he is that bad at all. And tacklers seem to bounce off of him. I like his style)

Josh Jackson- Norman Clone.  Ball hawk, reads QBs better than anyone in the class.  Not afraod to hit someone.  Perfect glove fit for our zone sceme

Ridley- polished route runner, good hands.  Good speed and quickness 

Chubb and Penny- should be around round 3, both good size and between the tackle runner that could compliment CMC

Ragnow- beast center, very versatile who could be a beast LG while waiting for Kalil to retire.

Dalton Schultz- https://www.nfl.com/prospects/dalton-schultz?id=32462018-0002-5601-11b0-43f775014814

Strengths
  • Very tenacious and tough as a blocker
  • Well-schooled in blocking fundamentals
  • Leaned on as vital part of the run blocking unit
  • Initial hand placement is good
  • Ability to sustain and finish
  • Improves positioning after contact and can generate some movement at point of attack without a double team
  • Gave it to USC's Rasheem Green on more than a couple of snaps when matched head to head
  • Sinks hips into breaks
  • Opens sharply on underneath routes to look for the throw
  • Has good feel for attacking the voids against zone coverage
  • Will shut routes down early to keep throwing window open for quarterback
  • Physical in creating space at top of his routes
  • Short area footwork is adequate
  • Has ability to become a reliable target over the middle and in traffic

Will just leave this here.  Schultz is the Perfect fit for that #2 TE spot Dickson played

I second Dorian O’Daniel. He is the modern day LB that will excel in today’s game. Short-area quickness is exceptional (top performer in 3 cone drill at the Combine among LBs)

Aside from that, Mike Hughes is really intriguing. Pretty raw still (which we have struggled to develop in the past), but his return abilities alone are too enticing. One of the most dynamic playmakers in the draft.

Archived