• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

With the 24th pick in the 2018 NFL Nation Mock Draft.....

Toker Smurf

I like the pick.

Yes its early for a Tight End especially with Ridley is still on the board.

Carolina could get back to the offensive that it had it 2011 when had over 4,000 passing yards.

Hurst can Block & Catch.

Pass will help set up the Run game.

Building like the New England Patriots had with Gronk & Hernandez.

Will Hurst really ever be better than a guy like Ed Dickson? I just don't ever see him being a big time play maker and taking him just to have leverage in  the Greg Olsen negotiations like Newton suggest is just stupid. 

I would hate this pick especially when Hurney talked a lot today about getting a good who makes a big immediate impact with his the first round pick. Can't pass on a guy like Ridley who would be a day one starter 

5 minutes ago, panthers34 said:

Will Hurst really ever be better than a guy like Ed Dickson? I just don't ever see him being a big time play maker and taking him just to have leverage in  the Greg Olsen negotiations like Newton suggest is just stupid. 

I would hate this pick especially when Hurney talked a lot today about getting a good who makes a big immediate impact with his the first round pick. Can't pass on a guy like Ridley who would be a day one starter 

Yeah its a joke.  No way it will happen though, so no need to worry.  David Newton is just incompetent

24 minutes ago, Panthers8969 said:

Anyone know what the 2 lowest paid positions in the league are?

Rb and TE. Let’s spend back to back firsts on the least valuable positions in the league. 

I agree somewhat with this argument for TE's, but I completely disagree with this argument for RB's

RB's are one of the lowest paid positions because most of them can't stay healthy and productive enough to get that big contract after their rookie one expires. It's not that they aren't valuable, they are just easily expendable and unreliable overtime. 

3 minutes ago, panthers34 said:

I agree somewhat with this argument for TE's, but I completely disagree with this argument for RB's

RB's are one of the lowest paid positions because most of them can't stay healthy and productive enough to get that big contract after their rookie one expires. It's not that they aren't valuable, they are just easily expendable and unreliable overtime. 

Agreed.  The point is valid but it doesn't really hold water.  Just because it's a cheap position doesn't mean you shouldn't select it (i.e. teams would sell their right nut to draft a Leveon, Elliot, Gronk, Olsen, etc.).  And I absolutely despise Hurst with this pick, but luckily it won't happen

1 hour ago, steven8989 said:

Yep and let's spend them on the most paid positions since we have so much cap. I like your thinking maybe you should be the GM

Do you even read before you type?

Get the cheap positions via free agency. Draft the expensive ones while they're on a cheap rookie contract while giving high level output.

That's how you manage the cap logically. 

But yes, let's go ahead and waste a rookie contract on a 25 year old low ceiling low floor prospect that's going to cost dirt cheap anyways with a first rounder.:eyeroll:

10 minutes ago, Saca312 said:

Do you even read before you type?

Get the cheap positions via free agency. Draft the expensive ones while they're on a cheap rookie contract while giving high level output.

That's how you manage the cap logically. 

But yes, let's go ahead and waste a rookie contract on a 25 year old low ceiling low floor prospect that's going to cost dirt cheap anyways with a first rounder.:eyeroll:

I agree Hurst is an AWFUL pick (and it won't happen).  But I generally don't like discriminating on a pick based on what the position is paid.  Yes, we should've brought in a cheap RB and TE, but I guess the value wasn't there at the price we wanted.

That said, I really hope we draft a CB or Ridley/DJ Moore.  Value at safety won't be there unless James or Fitzpatrick fall.  After drafting a CB or WR, then we can move up to get Reid, or stay and get a Bates

Archived