• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Our running game going into next season, better or worst?

GoobyPls

30 minutes ago, Cyberjag said:

This is a crazy question.  We lost our starting RB and our starting LG.  There's no way the running game would be better, on it's own.

A better question is, will the offense be better?  I think it will.  I think that Moore and Samuel's return will all but assure that.  They'll make the running game look better because teams will have to focus on them instead of our backs.  Olsen's return is a big deal as well.  So I don't much care if one facet of our offense is not as good as last year, because the unit as a whole will be improved.

Losing a starting rb who averaged 3.4 with fumbles is good. His replacements will do better

2 hours ago, tiger7_88 said:

Would be excellent depth, but not so sure how a guy 2 inches taller than CAP and 5 lbs lighter would be a “hammer”.

Unless maybe we have differing definitions of “hammer”.

I’m talking about the style of runner he is. He’s a hammer. 

I think we will see an improved run game, CMC, and CAP will avg 4+ ypc. 

Just by nature of improving the threats on the perimeter, we have already improved our run game. 

Funchess showed his ability

Smith can still stretch the field and make plays deep 

Moore / Samue / Byrd are not only deep threats but the YAC potential is also a threat

Olsen / Thomas also poses a lot of match up issues that will limit 8 man boxes

I expect to see more from the run game, as CMC, CAP are both capable of turning the corner on a defense, where as Stewart had gotten to a point where the holes had to be there each snap for him to be at his best. 

On ‎4‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 5:32 AM, GoobyPls said:

Take away Cam and we had the 31st ranked rushing attack in the league, now that the draft and major free agency is over what is your confidence level in our rushing attack going into next season?

Why would we "take away" Cam's contribution to the running attack?  Was he drafted to be a prissy pocket passer?  He's the best running quarterback in the league - you can't just ignore that and then argue some dumbass point.

'Take away Tom Brady and the Patriots would have passed for fewer yards.'

'Take away Lebron and Cleveland would not have scored as many points'

'Take away John Lennon and the Beatles would have had fewer hits'

No kidding.

12 minutes ago, grimesgoat said:

Why would we "take away" Cam's contribution to the running attack?  Was he drafted to be a prissy pocket passer?  He's the best running quarterback in the league - you can't just ignore that and then argue some dumbass point.

'Take away Tom Brady and the Patriots would have passed for fewer yards.'

'Take away Lebron and Cleveland would not have scored as many points'

'Take away John Lennon and the Beatles would have had fewer hits'

No kidding.

Cause no matter how talented a runner Cam is, he should never lead the team in rushing

Archived