• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Today’s media BS

So there’s two NFL things that pissed me off this morning. I’m not even gonna link the “article” about how Cam is almost irrelevant going into his age 29 season with a new OC, 2 years since MVP, and playoffs in 4 of the last 5 seasons. If you’re interested in reading trash you can probably guess which site it’s on and visit it yourself.

Instead I’m gonna link Colin Cowherd trying to take Baker Mayfield to Curmudgeon Geriatrics College about how he celebrates and let’s Mayfield know how he should act to succeed in the NFL (like Cowherd would know). 

Mayfield just schools Cowherd and has him squirming. It’s very entertaining:

I read that article about Cam. I found it a very snarky, well written article and had no problem with it. It's more a big, big knock on Turner (will Norv & son make Cam irrelevant with their offense and tweaks?) than Cam himself becoming irrelevant and actually mentions things about Norv that I do worry about. The author wants Cam to be Cam. Not a pocket passer and I agree. I'll be honest: I don't like Norv Turner. He's always been pretty rigid with his coaching. But he's now a coach with my Panthers so I'm hoping I can come to appreciate him.

The reality is that Newton is just held to a different standard. A quarterback like Kirk Cousins gets to sell his services to the highest bidder and be portrayed as a paragon of maturity (despite the Rick and Morty references) with a fraction of Newton's accomplishments. Newton is still the goofy scrambler with a lot of growing up to do because, well, there's a little Oakland Cookout Lady photoshopped into many of us football fans.

This is what a career crossroads looks like for Newton: fretting about efficiency rates, taking orders about checkdowns from the coordinator's son, learning new wrinkles from a guy whose last really great idea was "hand the football to Emmitt Smith." If maturity for Newton means turning into just another quarterback throwing four-yard passes into the flat on 3rd-and-10, then let's cherish the dancing, scrambling, smiling, fashion-forward-to-a-fault icon and entertainer while we still can.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2782049-cam-newton-faces-a-career-crossroads-between-excellence-and-irrelevance

Cowherd is a dumbass. He is just a product of the media's determination that we watch more when people are bickering or acting out. It's the general Jerry Springer effect.

If TV upsets you, turn it off. If tools like that upset you? Don't watch. They are doing that for a reason.

Archived