• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If you weren't a Panthers fan....

kungfoodude

On 7/22/2018 at 9:26 AM, kungfoodude said:

...which NFL team(if any) would you be a fan of and why?

Time to reveal everyone's secret NFL crushes.

Wouldn't be a fan of anyone. I had a Steve Young jersey when I was 6 because he is also left handed. Also liked Vick because he was left handed and I was a fan of Virginia Tech. Made it more fun to watch football because my dad is a fan of UVA. However, about the time I came to understand loyalty, it was the Panthers way or no way. 

This question shows age of posters more than most.. 

40 and up had love for football and had history with another team before the panthers were a thing..

30 thru 40 had young love for whoever their parents root for..

20 thru 30 most likely were panthers fans there whole life.. And feel in love with football thru the panthers

Under 20 only know the panthers and would never root for another team..

Jmo

On 7/22/2018 at 9:01 AM, kungfoodude said:

I had that discussion with some people a while back. Some people really do just take up the team from the area they live in.

Is it more having that local connection and sense of community? Would you/have you changed teams because of location before?

I was a Redskins fan first, but converted to Panthers because I lived in Fayetteville during the expansion. 

I was never an NBA fan, but living in OKC during the expansion I became a Thunder fan (and by extenstion, now an NBA fan).

I think it does have something to do with commradery and a sense of community.

Then again, I was born and raised (mostly) in the Dallas-Ft Worth area and I HATE the Cowgirls and Mavs. Only Texas team I really stuck with is the Stars (and somewhat the Rangers). So what do I know? lol

There's always some kind of talk about bringing an NFL team here to OK (after the Thunder's success). I would be so torn, because on one hand I would want to root for the hometown team, but on the other I wouldn't just bail on my Panthers. So secretly I hope we never get one. We can stick to college here. Boomer!

For me that's almost impossible to say. Dad was the one who raised me to be a Panthers fan. Step mom is a Dolphins fan. Grandfather is a Colts fan (going back all the way to the Baltimore Colts). I have Cowboys, Eagles, and Steelers fans in my step mom's family. And my great grandfather was a Falcons fan before the Panthers came along. 

I suppose it would have depended on who my Dad pulled for instead of Carolina. If he followed his Dad's lead and pulled for the Colts, I probably would have too because those two were my best friends growing up. I hung on my Dad and Grandfather's every word. 

On 7/22/2018 at 9:26 AM, kungfoodude said:

...which NFL team(if any) would you be a fan of and why?

Time to reveal everyone's secret NFL crushes.

If the Carolina's had no team I would be like I was prior to "95...a vagabond, following to some extent the Falcons because I was born there and they are in reasonable proximity and I would latch on to UGA players.  Thankfully, that is not my present condition.

Archived