• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

We should seriously think about trading Funchess for a competent Guard.

Snake

1 minute ago, Mage said:

Like who? 

It’s easy to say what we could get without naming the player, but who are we gonna get for him?  Keep in mind we’d have to be able to afford them as well.  So now it’s a matter of finding a guard who is:

A) Good

B) Good enough to make it worth trading Funchess

C) Afforadable

D) Who a team is willing to trade

I would be shocked if there’s a guard out there who fits all those checkpoints.  

Fair enough but it should be on the mind of our GM. We want know till cuts start to happen but we are not going to find any serious depth at G or T through the waver wire. We will have to trade something or someone. With Moton at RT we have a vaccum at LG. And that's if R. Kalil can stay healthy. 

And you also have to think about that Funchess is really our only "big" receiver. The only other real guy in our pipeline that we can imagine would be like Funchess is Bug Howard, and he's not as fast, smooth or polished (at this point).

9 minutes ago, bull123 said:

Sammuel and Byrd can neither stay on the field....this is a bone headed idea....no wonder you hate hurney so much...sounds like a trigger happy deal DG would make

You mean after one injury each? 

5 minutes ago, top dawg said:

And you also have to think about that Funchess is really our only "big" receiver. The only other real guy in our pipeline that we can imagine would be like Funchess is Bug Howard, and he's not as fast, smooth or polished (at this point).

What's the point if we can't keep Cam up. 

Matt Kalil and Amini will be working beside each other. Let that sink in. 

57 minutes ago, Snake said:

While Funchess is probably our best WR at the moment and he could play a big role in what we do this year it want really much matter if we can't keep Newton upright. With him going into his final year of his contract right now we need more line help than WR help with young WRs like Moore and Vets like Smith and Wright. Hopefully Hurney will notice this and swing a trade for a starting Guard this season. If not let's just watch rewinds of 2015 and forget we will be sitting at 6-10 this year with more than likely a injured Newton. 

No that's probably the worst thing we could do.

Just now, Snake said:

No keeping Amini besides Matt Kalil is the worst. I challenge you to disagree with a coherent explanation. 

You want to trade the only WR we have who can body defenders and be a redzone threat. One mind you that stays healthy and plays through injuries and the best WR prospect we've had on the team in years. It's just a no from me dawg.  If anyone were to be traded it would be Samuel or Byrd. And I'm against that as well.

Matt Kalil is going to start anyway because of his contract. Amini has to play well or we pick someone up after cuts. WR just now became a strength of this team and I see potential in each guy we have there. I'd rather trade Vernon Butler than Funchess.

Archived