• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFL Cuts and Trades

Mr. Scot

14 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

The 49ers are cutting an offensive lineman coincidentally named Darryl Williams.

I'm just posting that here as a preemptive measure before some moronic dumbs--t gets the idea to start a "Darryl Williams released" thread and get his ignorant ass banned.

Can we take his leg and put it on our Darryl?

1 minute ago, w280sax said:

When is the deadline.  I know it used to be 6 pm on sat...is that still true?

Is the cut from 90 to 53?  Did we still have 90 going into the last preseason.  I know they removed the earlier cutdown date recently.

Yeah, it's one big cut.  I was thinking 4pm but I could be wrong.

Edit: Confirmed, 4pm tomorrow.

7 minutes ago, SOJA said:

Quick someone tell me how mad I should be 

49ers acquired OT Shon Coleman from the Browns for a 2019 seventh-round pick.

Coleman started every game for the Browns last year, but graded as one of the worst tackles in the league. He had been playing with third-stringers this preseason and was expected to get cut, so this is a win for the Browns. Coleman will back up LT Joe Staley in San Francisco.

Chiefs acquired S Jordan Lucas from the Dolphins in exchange for a seventh-round pick in 2020.

Lucas failed to make the Dolphins out of training camp last season but was promoted to the active roster after spending a month on the practice squad. After losing Marcus Peters and Terrance Mitchell this offseason, the Chiefs are looking for any help they can get in the secondary.

Archived