• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Schedule makers did us no favors

bigdog10

So with all the talk of injuries, I decided to take a look at the schedule to see if we play any teams coming off short weeks. What I found, was the exact opposite. 

We play the falcons, bengals, eagles and Seahawks all coming off their Thursday night game. In other words, those four teams get ten days of rest before their games with us. 

Couple that with a week four bye (which ironically we kind of need right now), it looks like the nfl really wants to see us earn our first ever back to back winning season. 

Yeah I noticed that trend when I realized the Falcons and Bengals will both be coming of Thurs night appearances before facing us.  I didn't research the rest of the schedule thinking certainly there would be no more than those two.

Fug the NFL

24 minutes ago, stratopanther said:

We travel the least amount of miles over any other team. Its not rigged against us guys give it a rest.

Division rivals, of course, are home and home and the other two divisions are on a 12 year cycle (basically opposite the home/away vs the last time we played them). That only leaves 2 games (Seattle and Detroit). I wonder what the criteria is to determine how home/away assigned on those two games. 

9 hours ago, Little Goody Two Shoes said:

Division rivals, of course, are home and home and the other two divisions are on a 12 year cycle (basically opposite the home/away vs the last time we played them). That only leaves 2 games (Seattle and Detroit). I wonder what the criteria is to determine how home/away assigned on those two games. 

It's really goofy but if you can see the schedule laid out for a 6-year span (or more), it makes sense.

Our NFC divisional rotation goes North, East, West, North, East, West, so if you're looking at a map of the U.S., it's essentially going in a clockwise direction (that's how I remember it). Those two same-place finisher home and away games both follow a rotation that goes North, North, East, West, East, West, but it's staggered due to having to play another entire division every year (I say North-North first since again it's easy to remember, but the rotation "starts" depending on what year you list first).

I'll list the NFC division the entire NFC South played each year, then the NFC division each NFC South team played at home, then the NFC division each NFC South team had to travel to...

2009: NFC East, NFC North same-place finisher at home, NFC West same-place finisher on road
2010: NFC West, NFC North same-place finisher at home, NFC East same-place finisher on road
2011: NFC North, NFC East same-place finisher at home, NFC West same-place finisher on road
2012: NFC East, NFC West same-place finisher at home, NFC North same-place finisher on road
2013: NFC West, NFC East same-place finisher at home, NFC North same-place finisher on road
2014: NFC North, NFC West same-place finisher at home, NFC East same-place finisher on road
2015: NFC East, NFC North same-place finisher at home, NFC West same-place finisher on road
2016: NFC West, NFC North same-place finisher at home, NFC East same-place finisher on road
2017: NFC North, NFC East same-place finisher at home, NFC West same-place finisher on road
2018: NFC East, NFC West same-place finisher at home, NFC North same-place finisher on road
2019: NFC West, NFC East same-place finisher at home, NFC North same-place finisher on road
2020: NFC North, NFC West same-place finisher at home, NFC East same-place finisher on road

If you just read it as each column going down you'll see that rotation: North-North-East-West-East-West. I'll stay this was as long as they don't add anymore teams to the league ir games to the schedule.

its the NFl if u don't like it go play in the Canadian league.. for your info .  the schedule is based on a conference rotation between the AFC and NFC .. then how your team did the previous season....not some conspiracy poo.. it is true they set up teams based on the rosters I agree with that!! Its only the best practice..But to say the league is rigged is rough unless u r cheat belicheck

Archived