• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

We need TD back.

Udogg

I don’t know why we don’t just accept the fact that Shaq isn’t a three down LB. He is terrible in coverage and isn’t getting any better by the looks of it. The same guy who thinks he is able to cover guys in the slot is also comfortable with Colin Jones starting at safety. Neither can cover worth a damn and both got picked on heavily today.

If you are going to have him in on 3rd down he needs to be a pass rusher. He’s pretty damn good at it for a 4-3 linebacker.

Mayo is straight trash and sadly Shaw has basically just looked like a more athletic version of Mayo so far this season. There's no reason why TD shouldn't resume his usual role once he's back.

Is their anyway to opt out of that 5th year option we've picked up? Because there's no way he's worth $9M+ next season unless he starts playing a lot better. 

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Mayo is straight trash and sadly Shaw has basically just looked like a more athletic version of Mayo so far this season. There's no reason why TD shouldn't resume his usual role once he's back.

Is their anyway to opt out of that 5th year option we've picked up? Because there's no way he's worth $9M+ next season unless he starts playing a lot better. 

Unless he suffers a serious injury, it’s not guaranteed. 

1 minute ago, Toomers said:

Unless he suffers a serious injury, it’s not guaranteed. 

If TD still looks anything like TD when he comes back we just need to honor his wishes to continue playing and let Shaq walk. Not worth $9M+. That type of money is for difference makers.

We drafted a S/LB tweener that covers like a run stopping LB and supports the run like a coverage safety. I've always defended Shaq in the past, but this is his time to shine and it's been hard to remember that he's actually been on the field.

7 hours ago, Udogg said:

I'm all for Shaq taking the mantle etc..etc...   But he keeps making the same mistakes over and over.  Mayo .. I can understand.. but this is unacceptable. 

As of right now... we need TD. 

The more games that pass during this period---Shaq's time to shine---I am not all for Shaq taking the mantle. His tackling and discipline is suspect. 

1 minute ago, top dawg said:

The more games that pass during this period---Shaq's time to shine---I am not all for Shaq taking the mantle. His tackling and discipline is suspect. 

Yep, I was all for the torch being passed to Shaq this year. Hell, I said the same thing last off-season for last season. But, Shaq IMO has shown us why that hasn't happened over the past three games. We need to see more out of this guy before we commit $9M+ in cap space to him next season. He's plenty worth his current cap value, but he's certainly not worth $9M+ based on what we've seen out of him so far.

1 minute ago, Chaos said:

If we can beat the Giants and get a healthy TD back at 3-1, I’m feeling excited.

Yep, it hasn't always been pretty and I hate losint to a division rival but if you would've told me that we'd have our OL decimated by injury, we'd lose Olsen to injury, Moore would be practically invisible, and our DL would struggle to produce a pass rush and then ask me if I'd take 2-1 going into the bye... I'd say, "Take it?! Are you serious?! I'd LOVE it!"

Archived