• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Why did we run the ball?

Mage

Just now, BionicBunny said:

Only reason I can think of (weak argument) is somehow Giants knew what Panthers would run and Panthers were trying to be unpredictable 

Yeah, I think there is a defense for it .  

I don't probably agree, but I think Norv thought he was going to really catch them by surprise and CMC was going to get a 10 yarder then a quick line up and spike.  It was definitely ballsy.  The biggest concern for me is the lack of value we place on timeouts.    

2 minute cost us the Atlanta game and should have cost us today. I thought the 2 minute against Atlanta was as bad as you could get...until today. 

Generally the 2 minute is all on the QB and they call the plays. 

3 hours ago, mc52beast said:

Figured they might catch the defense by surprise and pop a long one. If it works everyone is praising Ron and Norv for calling a run play

Except if they popped a long one and he doesn't get out of bounds the game is over. Were we behind on TOP?

4 minutes ago, stratopanther said:

We would have been fine if we didnt burn all our timeouts avoiding delay of game penalties. If that has to happen 4 times a game then just take the friggin penalty and save some timeouts.

Seriously, I thought that was on Shula.  WTF.  Why do not not have the play and personnel on the field.  Why?

8 minutes ago, Manther said:

Seriously, I thought that was on Shula.  WTF.  Why do not not have the play and personnel on the field.  Why?

I love Cam, but he’s the common denominator here. Communication is cut off with 15 seconds left on playclock. So no matter what he has at least 15 seconds to line everyone up and snap the ball. 

I understand nothing about this game today

defense cornets giving 10 yards of cushion...oh yeah, on several critical drives the starting d line was on the sidelines   What the hell is Eric Washington doing 

offense, where to even start.  Not one long pass to make that defense stop sitting on the routes and run game 

to be honest, they were better without Trai Turner

nothing like sitting on a lead starting before halftime 

worst football game panthers have played in a very long time 

Archived