• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rivera Monday presser

ncfan

7 minutes ago, ncfan said:

He just mentioned scheme fit as reason why Thomas didnt play and pointed out we played very little 2TE sets

Hmmmmm

Funny because everyone is sitting here complaining how we played a good bit of Manhurtz in sets yesterday

Manhurtz is TE2 though. Thomas is a receiving TE, not a blocker 

Just now, RoaringRiot said:

Manhurtz is TE2 though. Thomas is a receiving TE, not a blocker 

He's done a nice job blocking thus far though.  Much better than people expected him to coming in.

And i wouldnt call Manhurtz a great blocker, thats like saying Collin Jones is great in coverage at safety

Just now, ncfan said:

He's done a nice job blocking thus far though.  Much better than people expected him to coming in.

And i wouldnt call Manhurtz a great blocker, thats like saying Collin Jones is great in coverage at safety

Agreed. But the point is that Manhertz is going to get those blocking assignments before Thomas is. That’s why he has more reps. 

I am just as frustrated as the next Panther fan, but name one coach that's said, "I made terrible game decisions" or has thrown his staff or players under the bus in a press conference that's gone on to have great success. There aren't any. 

We had some major fug ups yesterday and still were a play away from winning the game. That's the way it goes sometimes. Props to Washington for taking advantage of our mistakes. 

Just now, CarolinaNCSU said:

Also maybe I'm misremembering, but AP has never really ran that well against us.  He did yesterday because our defense, with seven former Pro Bowl players, either forgot how to play or the coaching flat out sucks.  I'm betting on the latter. 

probably both, I saw plenty of poor angles and poor tackling, most notably Mike Adams

2 minutes ago, PanthersBigD said:

I am just as frustrated as the next Panther fan, but name one coach that's said, "I made terrible game decisions" or has thrown his staff or players under the bus in a press conference that's gone on to have great success. There aren't any. 

We had some major fug ups yesterday and still were a play away from winning the game. That's the way it goes sometimes. Props to Washington for taking advantage of our mistakes. 

There have been plenty of coaches who have gone up to the podium and said “we need to get better and it starts with me”.

Won’t hear that from Ron though 

1 minute ago, Cary Kollins said:

probably both, I saw plenty of poor angles and poor tackling, most notably Mike Adams

Only reason I'm lenient with the players is I don't feel like they suddenly forget how to play.  Maybe it's Luke's calls, or maybe it is poor preparation on the players' part...but there was one play yesterday where TD and someone else were yelling at the sideline.  Kinda reminded me of the time's Cam and the offense would yell at the sideline.  I'd say there's a disconnect between the defense and the calls at minimum, or at least getting them in quick enough. 

Archived