• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tepper’s Opinion - Pure Speculation

crowntownpanther

5 hours ago, crowntownpanther said:

I agree.  But with so many close games; a few of which we could have lost, all I’m asking is do you you think a new owner would step in or wait to make moves till the offseason?

Yes, we definitely want a Jerry Jones or Dan Snyder running the team.

8 hours ago, bigdog10 said:

One doesn’t become a billionaire by being reactionary or emotional. He knows there’s not a lot he can do change wise in season, so I’d imagine he is going to sit back and watch Rivera , the coaching staff, and Hurney audition for their jobs week in and week out. 

Well....in this case, he sorta did.  He made 4 billion dollars by following a hunch and making an investment play few others would have the balls to do.  He could have just as easily gone bankrupt from the deal but swung for the fences and hit a home run.  He didn't get to be a billionaire sitting on the sidelines watching the day pass him by.  He got rich by making calculated decisions at the precise right moment, many times when the heat is on and everyone is running for the hills. 

Tepper has been around a winning franchise before purchasing the Panthers and understands what continuity means. The most successful organizations are the ones that don't have people like Dan Snyder or Jerry Jones at the helm. I doubt that Tepper is giving much thought to the idea of Ron Rivera being the coach or not.

What I'm sure Tepper IS doing is taking a good long look at Marty Hurney and some of the upper management staff. If Tepper were to make a move (and it won't be until the season is over), this is the area he would do so. Once he decides to either stick with the current staff or bring in a new GM, the rest is immaterial, as he would expect the GM to be the one to choose the head coach.

There may be other areas Tepper will involve himself, if he can, such as improving the fan experience and determining whether or not BOA is a viable stadium, but I would seriously doubt he steps into the mix as far as the head coach is concerned.

6 hours ago, iamhubby1 said:

Vert few owners replace a coach midseason. Let alone one with a 4-2 record. Barring some remarkable collapse, Rivera is probably safe this year.

Sorry, poor wording on my part.  I didn’t mean staff changes as much as making his opinion known to the current staff or making changes by trade.

Archived