• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tepper’s Opinion - Pure Speculation

crowntownpanther

How do you all think Tepper feels 6 games in as an owner?  I told my brother at halftime yesterday that I though he may step in and say something to the coaches if we had lost, given his attitude and statements about winning being the primary focus.  With the win, do you think he sits back as a new owner, or do you think he is making his opinions known to the coaching staff regarding our slow starts and conservative play?

One doesn’t become a billionaire by being reactionary or emotional. He knows there’s not a lot he can do change wise in season, so I’d imagine he is going to sit back and watch Rivera , the coaching staff, and Hurney audition for their jobs week in and week out. 

He’s got the Steeler mentality.  He won’t meddle, not during the season anyways.  He also won’t settle for mediocrity, and will be quicker to make a change at seasons end if he’s not happy.

with that being said, it’s probably a mixed bag for him right now.  But hell, his team is currently in playoff position heading into week 8.  

2 hours ago, t96 said:

Probably mixed thoughts but you gotta think he’d be happy with a 4-2 record and in the two losses having a chance to win at the end...

I agree.  But with so many close games; a few of which we could have lost, all I’m asking is do you you think a new owner would step in or wait to make moves till the offseason?

1 hour ago, crowntownpanther said:

I agree.  But with so many close games; a few of which we could have lost, all I’m asking is do you you think a new owner would step in or wait to make moves till the offseason?

We could've started 1-4 like the Falcons and gotten blown out in all of the losses and Tep would not make any moves during the season. 

1 hour ago, crowntownpanther said:

Vert few owners replace a coach midseason. Let alone one with a 4-2 record. Barring some remarkable collapse, Rivera is probably safe this year.

I would at the very least be sitting down and taking a look at what situations are working the best and making us most productive and in better position to win and contrasting that with what isn't working too well and encouraging ron and co. to focus on what we see and know actually works the best. 

It's applying good business strategy to his new acquisition. Sit down with the manager and examine what works well and doesn't and alter course to build on what works and eliminate that which doesn't.

Archived