• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Who to root for Week 9

sharkkiller

Since the season is half way through, and the playoff picture, although still blurry, is starting to become a bit more focused, I believe it is time for another edition of Who to Root For. 

Thursday

OAK @ SF - Oakland, although it barely matters. But AFC over NFC. Just another example of what happens when every team has to play on Thursday.

Sunday

Chicago @ Buffalo - Buffalo, AFC over NFC, and may end up helping seeding, although I am sure Chicago will falter down the stretch

KC @ Cleveland - Pick 'em. 

NYJ @ Miami - Pick 'em.

DET @ MIN - Detroit, could help seeding, as Detroit will in all likelihood miss playoffs

ATL @ WASH - Washington Indigenous Persons of course

TB @ CAR - don't really need to say in this case, right? But I will. GO PANTHERS!!!!

PIT @ BAL - BAL for strength of schedule tie breakers

HOU @ DEN - Pick 'em.

LAC @ SEA - LAC for AFC over NFC.

LAR @ NO - Go Rams. Will not help seeding, but will help in division.

GB @ NE - Conventional wisdom is to go NE here, but screw NE, and GB is sitting at 3-3, so not a seeding problem right now. So go Pack.

Monday

TN @ DAL - TN for AFC over NFC, plus it is always good to see the Cowgirls lose.

That is week 9 as I see it, feel free to disagree, and post your thoughts.

Rule #1 - Pull for any team against our division rivals

Rule #2 - Pull for AFC over NFC every time

Rule #3 Pull for teams on our schedule to beat common opponents for strength of schedule reasons.

**Rules can be put in any order you choose...but they are the rules

PS - I like this thread every week

1 hour ago, stbugs said:

These threads are always funny. Screw NE? GB is 3-3-1, still in the playoff contention. There is no way we should ever root for NFC to win over AFC unless the NFC team is 1-7 like SF.

SOS is meaningless. It rarely comes into play, but any NFC playoff contender we want to lose. Heck, I’d be fine with LA running the table in the regular season knowing how many contenders they play.

The only tough one is Washington and Atlanta. Washington winning helps seal the deal (if we win this week too) of our division being a two horse race. On the other hand, we lost to Washington so we’d rather see Philly win that division for seeding/byes. Washington has an easier schedule than us too. I guess it’s a win one way or the other. It’s too bad we blew that game. I have a feeling that game will haunt us come playoff time for a bye/home game and/or division.

I'm confident in our team this year and GB does not look like a real threat. I'll be happy to see the Pats lose.

22 hours ago, stbugs said:

On the other hand, we lost to Washington so we’d rather see Philly win that division for seeding/byes

I'm a bit torn on this. Obviously what St Bugs says is true, but in case we are in a jumble for NFC wildcard, it would be better for Washington to win their division since we have a head to head win over Eagles. If Eagles win division and we are up against Skins for a WC spot, it's trouble.

What do you all think?

I think it's pretty significant that Pittsburgh is playing @Baltimore before turning around to play us on Thursday night. I'd want that game to be a four quarter knock down drag out slugfest. Meanwhile, if we can cruise against the Bucs, then I think that's gives us a real opportunity to pickup a big road win a few days later. 

Thursday

OAK @ SF - Don't Watch. You have better things to do.

Sunday

Chicago @ Buffalo - Chicago is surprisingly playoff conversation. Pull for Panthers 2.0 #PetermanPower

KC @ Cleveland - Browns.

NYJ @ Miami - The CBS 1PM Snorefest. Jets.

DET @ MIN - Lions cuz both teams need to finish 6-10

ATL @ WASH - I want the Foreskins to run away with the East. As much as we aren't getting attention, neither are they. It'll make beating them in the playoffs better.

TB @ CAR - Really?

PIT @ BAL - fug the Steelers

HOU @ DEN - fug the Donkeys

LAC @ SEA - Seachickens quitely in WC hunt b/c they gay. Plus I'm a Charger fan. Go Bolts.

LAR @ NO - Go Rams.

GB @ NE - Don't care about playoff record stuff here, don't care that i hate the Packer fan base, i want Rodgers to shut pundits up and show the world in primetime that Brady is forever overrated as a system QB.

Monday

TN @ DAL - Watch RAW, but don't watch Crown Jewel. I'm sure there's hockey on. fug the Cowboys.

Archived