• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hate to say it but Aints will win the Super Bowl

juliosantos

4 hours ago, DeAngelo Beason said:

I mean the NFL has been building them up since the season began.  They're definitely trying to make a storyline out of this.

There is no story to be told other than their great record and them having possibly the best QB of all time. I can't think of any stories this season really. Young QB in KC? Brady's last ride? LA Rams back again? That's about it.

2 hours ago, thefuzz said:

I 100% disagree with you.

The Bears have won 2 games on the road this season...against the Cardinals by 2 points, and the lowly Bills.  Have lost to the Dolphins and the Packers on the road as well...and they have 4 of 7 on the road to close out the schedule.

It's looking more and more likely that the NFC will have to play in LA or NO to get to the Super Bowl.

Both LA and No don't have the defense to stop Chicago. That team is young but will be super dangerous in the playoffs. 

4 hours ago, Snake said:

Chicago has the #1 defense and is top 5 in scoring offense. Let that sink in before starting stupid threads. 

Remember in 2010 when the Chargers had the #1 offense and #1 defense and still went 9-7 and missed the playoffs? Pepperidge Farm remembers...

On 11/12/2018 at 12:23 PM, Snake said:

Both LA and No don't have the defense to stop Chicago. That team is young but will be super dangerous in the playoffs. 

The Saints have the best offensive line in the league that just held Suh and Donald sackless. Mack may be lucky to get 1 sack on Brees. He’s only been sacked 9 times all season. 

58 minutes ago, juliosantos said:

its crazy how chicago a team that sucked so much is better then us 

I’m not sold on the Bears yet. Their D is top notch, but they haven’t played anyone yet, well won against anyone yet. When they play OK teams or good teams (Dolphins, Pats, Packers) they lose. The Miami game theybshould have won, but they put them selves in that situation. They were up 20 against the Pack in the 3rd and lost while only score three points the rest of the game. 

Now, I know that was earlier this season and things have change, but this Sunday will be a good test for them. If they win convincingly, then I will be a believer. 

Just now, Jeremy Igo said:

They honestly do look like the most balanced team right now. 

That said, it isn't December just yet. Still a lot of football to be played. 

I honestly think the only team with any hope to beat the Saints is the Panthers. There is a ton of factors going the Panthers way in the matchup this year. First of all, regression to the mean. After beating the Panthers 3 times last year, there is no way the Saints can accomplish that again. That'd be insane especially if the Panthers can motivate themselves. Secondly, the playoff game was close. The Panthers had Brenton Bersin, Kaelin Clay, and a hobbled Funchess running routes for a comeback effort in the 4th quarter. Cam has NFL caliber receivers and a coordinator that can find weaknesses in the Saints defense this time around. Thirdly, the Panthers have the speed at linebacker to contain Kamara and Ingram (if the refs don't allow holding every damn play like the first game in New Orleans last season). The main thing that put the Saints over the top in every game in 2017 was Ted Ginn and his vendetta against the Panthers. Without him they lack a consistent deep ball threat and the Panthers can keep everything in front of them. 

I really like the Panthers chances to beat the Saints at home, and the game in New Orleans could be for the division and should be an excellent game no matter what. 

3 minutes ago, hepcat said:

I honestly think the only team with any hope to beat the Saints is the Panthers. There is a ton of factors going the Panthers way in the matchup this year. First of all, regression to the mean. After beating the Panthers 3 times last year, there is no way the Saints can accomplish that again. That'd be insane especially if the Panthers can motivate themselves. Secondly, the playoff game was close. The Panthers had Brenton Bersin, Kaelin Clay, and a hobbled Funchess running routes for a comeback effort in the 4th quarter. Cam has NFL caliber receivers and a coordinator that can find weaknesses in the Saints defense this time around. Thirdly, the Panthers have the speed at linebacker to contain Kamara and Ingram (if the refs don't allow holding every damn play like the first game in New Orleans last season). The main thing that put the Saints over the top in every game in 2017 was Ted Ginn and his vendetta against the Panthers. Without him they lack a consistent deep ball threat and the Panthers can keep everything in front of them. 

I really like the Panthers chances to beat the Saints at home, and the game in New Orleans could be for the division and should be an excellent game no matter what. 

All valid points. While I do believe the Saints are overall better and more consistent than the Panthers, everything you stated will come into play. Hopefully we have had a wake-up call from this last game. And unless our team is as mentally fragile as @juliosantos we will compete.

Archived