• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

You all are really overestimating the chances Ron is gone

MVPccaffrey

2 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

It's not just this year's record. It's the fact that he's never put together back to back winning seasons. It's the fact that our division has figured him out. Both the Saints and Falcons have owned us since 2015. If you can't compete in your division you're left with trying to fight for a wildcard spot every year and no home playoff games. It's the fact that Tepper made it known how important that Steelers game was to him and we go up there and suffer one of the most embarrassing blowout losses we've ever had. It's the fact that Ron's teams have always improved down the stretch in seasons and this year we're falling apart. It's the fact that we have a roster full of young offensive skill players and a rapidly aging defense and Ron's philosophies can't consistently win with that makeup. It's the fact that our players consistently accept responsibility for their own shortcomings on the field while Ron and his coaches constantly deflecting any and all responsibility for any loss. 

Lmao I forgot it was the owner's homecoming that's just icing on the cake

If Ron's let go rest assured it'll be because of his performance over 8 years, not just 4 weeks. 

I always roll my eyes when I hear people use the "well, we don't know if anybody else is better" argument.

If you seriously follow that logic, you'll never ever fire a head coach. You'll just sit there with the same coach forever because you're afraid you don't have the balls to part ways with mediocrity.

I'll say it for the millionth time. I'll happily go with somebody who might be good or might be bad rather than stick with somebody I know is bad.

If you're not willing to try for better, why the hell did we let go of John Fox?

Heck, why did the Rams let go of an established coach like Jeff Fisher to go for some unknown like Sean McVay? That sure has blown up in their face, hasn't it? :eyeroll:

18 minutes ago, Davidson Deac II said:

This.

Unless Dave Tepper post under cover here, none of us really know what might happen.  

If LaCanfora's report was off base, how hard would it have been to just say something like "I have faith in Ron"?

Instead we get "No comment" and now Rivera is acting like a guy who knows he's in trouble.

I don't see this as overblown at all.

8 minutes ago, PhillyB said:

can you name a time ron rivera outcoached someone this season?

last season?

no?

bye ron, thx for the mmrs

According to this forum that's never happened, when we win it's because of players, mostly Cam credited, and coaching credit is only assigned when the team loses.

1 hour ago, Tbe said:

Honestly, I haven’t seen any compelling alternatives. 

If Ron is fired, he’ll be the best option on the market. That should tell you something.

I think it’s far more likely Hurney gets the boot this year.

Bingo.  Since Hurney would be fired too, not only would we be looking for a new coach in a bad coaching market, we'd be doing so much later than all the other teams looking for coaches.  Not a good idea.

20 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I always roll my eyes when I hear people use the "well, we don't know if anybody else is better" argument.

If you seriously follow that logic, you'll never ever fire a head coach. You'll just sit there with the same coach forever because you're afraid you don't have the balls to part ways with mediocrity.

I'll say it for the millionth time. I'll happily go with somebody who might be good or might be bad rather than stick with somebody I know is bad.

If you're not willing to try for better, why the hell did we let go of John Fox?

Heck, why did the Rams let go of an established coach like Jeff Fisher to go for some unknown like Sean McVay? That sure has blown up in their face, hasn't it? :eyeroll:

I could get aboard the *might be* train if a compelling case was made. However, all I see right now are choices that are the same or worse than Ron.

10 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

If LaCanfora's report was off base, how hard would it have been to just say something like "Not, that's not true I have faith in Ron"?

Instead we get "No comment" and now Rivera is acting like a guy who knows he's in trouble.

I don't see this as overblown at all.

LaCanfora's report was vague.  It basically said Tepper was unhappy and is thinking about new hires.  Of course he was.  Most owners would be thinking that after a four game losing streak.  Almost any coach in the NFL who is losing is in potential trouble.  Nature of the beast.  Doesn't mean we have a clue as to what might happen to Ron now or at the end of the season.  We can all make guesses, and have a 50/50 chance of being right.  

3 minutes ago, Tbe said:

I could get aboard the *might be* train if a compelling case was made. However, all I see right now are choices that are the same or worse than Ron.

Based on what, exactly?

The only thing you have to go on is their current success levels, which is the same thing we had to go on when we hired Rivera.

Did you know ahead of time that McVay would be bad too?

3 minutes ago, Davidson Deac II said:

LaCanfora's report was vague.  It basically said Tepper was unhappy and is thinking about new hires.  Of course he was.  Most owners would be thinking that after a four game losing streak.  Almost any coach in the NFL who is losing is in potential trouble.  Nature of the beast.  Doesn't mean we have a clue as to what might happen to Ron now or at the end of the season.  We can all make guesses, and have a 50/50 chance of being right.  

That doesn't answer why Tepper didn't come out and show confidence in Rivera.

if you're not seriously looking at firing a coach, why do you leave intact the public perception that you are?

Archived